Im a newbie

Greg D.
on 7/11/04 3:37 pm - Knoxville, TN
Hi Dee, Welcome to the site, you are just "up the street" from me and we have chosen the same surgeon & have the same type of insurance LOL. If you need any questions answered let me know & I will try to help as much as possible. Best of luck to you on your journey and don't be afraid to post looking for help. Greg
mammabeardee
on 7/11/04 8:43 pm - Clinton, TN
Hey Greg - looks like we have a lot in common I will definitely have more questions as I continue on this quest and Im glad to know that I can come here for help. This site is wonderful. You said on your profile you were denied twice by Cigna - did they state the reasons for denial. Im trying to make sure I've got everything in order the first time around. Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated!!!
TraumaRN
on 7/11/04 10:23 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Hi Dee, Glad to see your post. Welcome to the board. This is an awesome place to get the needed support that you will need to complete your journey. Everyone here is so valuable on your way. Keep us posted on how your doing and where you are in the process. Anne
TNkelligirl
on 7/12/04 1:02 am - LaVergne, TN
Greetings, Dee, and welcome. I am kinda new to all this myself. I have done my psych eval and met with my surgeon a lil over a week ago. MY PCP sent me for a sleep study, which documented sleep apnea and I have to go back for a titration study July 25th. I also was recently diagnosed with non-insulin dependent diabetes, so am hoping those two co-morbities, in addition to the arthritis I have had for 7 years will be enough to push CIGNA into approving the surgery right away.
Candik2
on 7/12/04 1:30 am - South Central, TN
Hey Dee, Welcome, welcome! Glad to have you to the board & you can find so much great information on this site, the post-ops are so full of information. Have you talked to your PCP about this sugery, I think I noticed that you said he/she had set you up w/one of your tests, that's one of the first steps, besides the seminars. If your PCP is on board that is a huge plus, b/c he will probably have to write a letter to your insurance company stating that this surgery is a medical necessity. From there your surgeon should help you w/the rest of the tests that you will need. I sent in all my paperwork, my surgeons office submitted them & then I was denied for no psych consult. My surgeon gave me 2 names to choose from & I called & set up my own appt w/them, had it done last week & am hoping to have that faxed in today. So, post all your questions, someone on here will have the answers I'm sure. Once again good to have you, TTYS Candi
kristie T.
on 7/12/04 2:17 am - monteagle, TN
welcome to the board i am in same place u r in cause i am farily new to the board to i have got a lot more info that i needed that i didnt know i have study on this and reads ton of info each day hope u find some new friends kristie
tinyTNgirl
on 7/12/04 7:55 am - TN
Hiya Dee and welcome to the TN OH family! We're so glad you decided to become a poster and leave the lurker job behind lol. I'm sorry it took me a while to welcome you. My dh and I just moved and we were without internet for 2-3 weeks. But i'm back in full swing now and loud as ever lol. Again, we're glad to have you. This site is a wonderful resource and these guys and gals are a tremendous supportive family. God bless! Please let me know if I can do anything for you. Melanie
mammabeardee
on 7/12/04 9:23 am - Clinton, TN
I just want to say thanks to everyone for being so supportive and welcoming me. I look forward to updating you all on my journey thru this and also look forward to following all of you thru your journies as well. Thanks again to everyone!
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/12/04 12:52 pm - Crossville, TN
Welcome to the TN ObesityHelp Board Dee!!!! It's always good to see a new face around! I sure hope you decide to stop being a lurker and start posting more often! If you have any questions - Just post away on the board! I know someone will come along and answer your questions.... That's what were here for anyway! Best wishes and good luck on your journey to weight loss surgery! If you ever need to talk - drop me an e-mail! I'm post-op, about 3 in half months now! [email protected] Hugs, Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics