Im a newbie

mammabeardee
on 7/11/04 10:02 am - Clinton, TN
Hey all, I am fairly new to the site. Been reading and reading for months now and have gotten a ton of valuable info. This is my first time posting to the boards however. Hope to make some new friends...
Eva O.
on 7/11/04 10:40 am - Thompson Station, TN
Hello Dee, I am glad you decided to post and talk to us and let us know more about your journey with weight loss.I am starting my journey to,i have been to my first ss appt. and have my nutrition appt.Wed.the 13th and my psych an the 21ft. can't wait for the dr.consult appt.I am seeing DR.HRUSKA in Clarksville.Well good luck to you and keep us posted ok. Eva
mammabeardee
on 7/11/04 10:47 am - Clinton, TN
I hope this isnt a stupid question, but the appts you have with the psych and nutritionist etc., did you set those up yourself or did you get those setup thru your PCP? Im trying to figure out what all steps I need to take thru this process. Ive read and read but guess Im still not positive. Only appt I have is my OBGYN - havent seen any other Dr's yet. I know I need to do a sleep study test cause Im pretty sure I have sleep apnea but again, dont know if Im supposed to go about it on my own or wait till I see a PCP for them to set it up??? Any info you can give would be greatly appeciated. And good luck with your appts!!!
kymt
on 7/11/04 11:44 am - nashville, TN
hello and welcome im having mine at vanderbilt and they set the appointments. they gave me a list of things i needed and they(surgeons office and my pcp set it up for me.after my 1st appointment at the human nutrition center and i answered their 100 and 1 questions they told me i need to get a sleep study done.
mammabeardee
on 7/11/04 12:10 pm - Clinton, TN
Hey Kim, Thanks for the info. Im going to a seminar on the 20th and hopefully they will be able to give me some guidance as well. Congrats on your upcoming surgery date. Not too much longer now for you....I can't wait till the day Im that close. I just hope I can get approved. I read your profile and I, like you, have spent a ton of time on this site reading all I can. Im practically addicted to reading everyone's profiles. My son is mad I'm taking over the computer 90% of the time now
kymt
on 7/11/04 12:22 pm - nashville, TN
well im on here so much my kids are getting their own pc(from my mom her old one) so they can have one to get on lol.im so excited and scared about this surgery.but im ready i have 18 day left and yes im counting.i had it really easy when it came to getting approved. i did all the test they wanted me to do and they did the rest. i went in 1st time april 12 papers was sent in to insurance june 1st and i found out i was approved june 9th.so keep praying and do everything they tell you to do and keep fighting for it if this is what your really want.i wish you much luck and many blessings in getting though this all.
mammabeardee
on 7/11/04 12:29 pm - Clinton, TN
Thanks again and I wish you luck and many blessings also . I can imagine your going thru the whole range of emotions at this stage. You just have to keep positive and know that you have made the right decision for yourself and that everything will be great!!! I hope my approval goes by as great as yours. How many kids do you have? and what ages?
kymt
on 7/11/04 12:34 pm - nashville, TN
thank you . my kids are 13 and 11 yr old girls and my prince(son) is 5.do you have any?
mammabeardee
on 7/11/04 12:40 pm - Clinton, TN
Yes I have 3 - My oldest son is 14 and I have a daughter who is 31/2 but she thinks she is already grown, and my baby just turned 11 months old.
kymt
on 7/11/04 12:50 pm - nashville, TN
awww cool i love babies its when they get older is when they are a pain in the butt but you got to love them
Most Active
Recent Topics