Yet another question>>??? :)

amberrose1967
on 7/10/04 5:08 pm - west chester, OH
Hi all.. couldn't sleep so was trying to work on a packet to take with me to Dr Hodges' office for the second consult and I want very much to be prepared so it won't have to be a huge delay for the clerk to get the paperwork off to the insurance company. At one time I had came across several profiles on here with samples of different letters used to send from the surgeon to insurance or appeals etc and was wondering if anyone would mind sharing a few different letters to use as a sample guideline for me to use to create a letter personalised to my particular medical things to maybe expedite the process even a little?? To be honest I am not feeling very confident with the office people at my surgeon's office and I feel If I really want approval from the get go I will have to be prepared and have everything in order when I see him this second time and they send off for my approval. I believe if all is put together in the right way and I can truly prove medical necessity, then I truly believe I can get approval first time around, or so I am praying! I can not find the profiles I had found back in my researching days and so I was hoping someone could help me here. I wrote up a letter this evening to have my pcp sign and send to the surgeon but I would feel alot better if I had one for the surgeon as well to send to insurance in order to prove medical necessity. Is anyone here familiar with the insurance process from the surgeon's office.. what all is sent to the insurance company or anything?? Thank You!!! Dawn
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/10/04 7:37 pm - Crossville, TN
Morning Dawn! I wish I had some advice for you but... I never had to deal with the insurance paperwork. I was lucky that both of my doctors took care of it for me. Anyways, I just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world! I hope this happens for you soon! Best wishes, Katie
Greg D.
on 7/11/04 5:40 am - Knoxville, TN
Hi Dawn, My experience is the same as Katie's, my surgeon had a "bulldog" for a nurse LOL, she really went after this insurance thing to win approval for me. I got a chance to look in my file & the letter my PCP wrote (without my prompting him) was REALLY good and I was impressed at his impassioned plea to insurance. I'm sorry I can't help you but like Katie said both of my doctors (PCP & surgeon) took it into their hands to do this for me. Let us know how it goes for you. Greg
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/11/04 9:49 am - Crossville, TN
Dang Greg!! We're two very lucky people!! We better not let this out to much or the board won't like us anymore! -Katie
Greg D.
on 7/11/04 3:30 pm - Knoxville, TN
LOL you may have a point Katie. I would hope though that our experience is the rule rather than the exception at most of the surgeons offices. Of course I have read some of the other postings about others practically having to get approval by themselves. All I know is I count myself VERY lucky to have had the right people in my corner. Greg
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/12/04 1:02 pm - Crossville, TN
I agree! I've read some profiles, where they had to fight the insurance on there own and everything! Boy, that makes no sense to me - I just hope not all doctors offices are like that but if so.... I'm one hell of a lucky chick! However, I did have to do all the leg work at finding a doctor, the seminers, and all that - I just never had to deal with insurance! Plus, my insurance approved me 3 times! (Yes, 3 times! LOL!) They approved me the first time with out even sending a denial letter... Anyways, good luck on your journy! How much have you lost so far? -Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics