Protein Shake~

ShrinkingKatie
on 7/8/04 10:43 pm - Crossville, TN
Morning Ya'll... I finally found a protein shake, I could live with! I thought I'd share it with you, of course. Slim-Fast (Low-Carb Diet Drink) Calories: 180 Sugars: 1 g. Sugar Alcohol: 0 g. Protein: 20 g. It comes in Dutch Chocolate, Creamy Chocolate, Strawberries & Cream, and Vanilla! There pretty good compared to all the other protein shakes I've tried.... Just thought I'd share! Have a good day! -Katie
tinyTNgirl
on 7/9/04 4:19 am - TN
Hiya Katie! I'm drinking the slim fast shakes too. I tried the chocolate royale first, now i've got the strawberry. They took me some getting used to. Kinda tasted odd at first. I drink them for breakfast as i'm not much of a breakfast person and its a good way to get 20 g of protein in. Its so important to get that protein down. Every time my weight seems to stall its at a point where i'm getting less protein. Go figure. God bless ya hon! Melanie
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/9/04 12:26 pm - Crossville, TN
Hey Mellie! Your right they do have a different taste but there 10000% better then the other protein shakes, I've tried!! Heck, at this point I'm finished buying and trying the other brands - I've had no luck! By the way, your correct - The more protein you get in and the heathier the foods are... the more weight you'll lose! -Katie
Greg D.
on 7/9/04 11:40 am - Knoxville, TN
Wow Slim Fast finally has a low carb product? The ones I looked at years ago when trying the normal diet route were full of sugar & carbs BUT they said they had very little fat LOL. Glad they do make one now & thanks for letting us know Katie, will have to try them post surgery. Everyone says your tastes change somewhat after the surgery so what you may like now might not taste as good to you after, so I'll wait to try them until then. Thanks again. Greg
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/9/04 12:33 pm - Crossville, TN
Hi Greg! Seems like slim-fast as changed there whole product, which I kinda find funny after all these years of them telling us its a wonderful product, great way to loss weight, and etc but yet they jumped on the low-carb band wagon?! Strange! But anyways, your tastes buds DO change especially if you follow the doctors orders correctly! Good luck with your surgery.... -Katie
Laura C.
on 7/10/04 1:04 pm - Knoxville, TN
Hi Katie! Thanks for the information. My husband is at the store right now. I just had lap band surgery yesterday, and I am so hungry I feel nauseous. I can only have clear liquids for 3 weeks, but the nurse said the first week I can have protein shakes if they are frozen and I eat them like ice cream. I just sent hubby to the store for some more Gatorade (new flavor-Mango-is really good) and some decaf coffee and some shakes. He called me from the aisle and was all confused about the selections. He bought Slim Fast chocolate shake meal, Creamy milk chocolate, and Boost Vanilla. I guess I'll just have to experiment but I just thought I was going to throw up because my new little stomach is so empty. I just drank some chicken broth and I think I might have had too much too fast because I thought I would lose it and they say with lap band that it's dangerous to vomit because your band could slip. Anyway, thanks for the post. I'm glad to be home. I had the surgery in Dalton, GA at an outpatient facility. Wonderful surgeon (Dr. Ponce) and staff. I always enjoy reading your posts. Thanks! Laura
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/10/04 7:22 pm - Crossville, TN
Hi Laura! Congrats on being on the LOSER SIDE! However, about the slim-fast - I hope he bought you the "low-carb diet" drinks because the regular ones have way to much sugar and that will cause you to dump, most likely. Also - How are you drinking Gatorade? That doesn't come in diet/sugar-free and will most likely make you dump. I maybe wrong but never heard of a WLS person drinking this unless your talking about the new fitness water Propel, made by Gatorade? Hmmm I just realized you had lap banding done - That may be different... Anyways, hope you keep us updated with your journey.... Best wishes and good luck! Hope you have a speedy recovery.... -Katie
Victoria B.
on 7/11/04 10:42 am - Germantown, TN
Thanks, Katie, for listing this. I had forgotten about the Slim Fast low carb and I like them. I am doing a lot of the Labrada and Optimizer and while I can handle them going down, they make my mouth really dry about 30 minutes after drinking them. Take care, Victoria
Most Active
Recent Topics