united haleth care not a covered benifit

Donna Z.
on 7/8/04 6:07 am - lavergne, TN
does any one have united health care insurance with a clause in it from the employer stating its not a covered benifit but united health care said to go ahead and summit the paper work and I will get a deniel letter and then I will have to appeal it even throught its medical deemed nec I have this done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If any one can give me some advice It would help alot any information would be helpful.... Thanks Donna Zuniga E-mail address is [email protected]
Paula-W
on 7/8/04 7:33 am - Spring Hill, TN
Donna - I don't have UHC but do what they ask you to do. Sometimes in an appeal from a denial, medical necessity may make a difference. Make sure you meed the criteria UHC has laid out for Bariatric surgery, even though your employer has a clause. Also be sure to ask if approved, what kind of coverage is there Maybe someone with experience in this area can help. Good luck and don't give up! Paula
Donna Z.
on 7/8/04 10:59 pm - lavergne, TN
Paula thank you for replying back to me .I am having one of those crying days I feel like I going to be stuck in this body like this until I dye know body in my family understands what I'm going through no one is FAT like me oh well have a nice day and a good weekend..... Thanks alot Donna Zuniga
Candik2
on 7/10/04 2:28 am - South Central, TN
Donna, It sounds like since this is excluded by the employer that they're are the ones you are going to have to go through. Usually those are the toughest ones to fight b/c a company paying for the insurance themselves can basically make whatever exclusions they want. Why don't you try contacting the human resources department & see what they say. Also, make sure you get a letter from your PCP saying he/she deems this medically necessary. Hope this helps. Candi
Most Active
Recent Topics