Stress...

ShrinkingKatie
on 7/7/04 8:28 pm - Crossville, TN
I have a question for the new/old post-op people or anyone really thats trying to diet before surgery.. What do you do now that you can't stress eat or just those head hunger moments? What keeps you away from the fridge? I've been trying to cross stitch, you can't eat and stitch at the same time! I've also turned more girlie girlish - Doing my nails and toes, lotion, hair, anything that makes me feel better about myself.... Sometimes - I just leave my house. I'll walk over to my moms house to say away from the fridge.... Sometimes, I just get online and chat with my WLS buddies because they actually UNDERSTAND where I'm coming from compared to my non-wls buddies... So what do ya'll do?
Debbie G.
on 7/7/04 10:45 pm - Greeneville, TN
Hey there Katie, What do I do for stress? HUMMMMMMMM? Well, first of all, I try not to let things that I can't control stress me out. So I am a pretty laid back type of person. However, when I want to eat and I know I shouldn't(and I haven't had my surgery yet?) I usually go walking outside for a few minutes. Then when I come back in, I am too tired to eat. If the weather is bad, then I put on some good old 80's rock and start jumping around trying to dance. Then I am so out of breath I can't eat. Hope you are having a good day. I swear you get out of bed and get started early. I haven't even rolled over when you are up and at it.
Cherry C.
on 7/8/04 1:56 am - Morristown, TN
Katie, I don't know what I will do when I am post-op but some of the things I have thought of is take a walk, go to the mall, watch a dvd, or read. I am also planning to take my grandkids to the park and just more or less like you and Debbie said busy stuff! I have been so stressted this week. I guess you would called it excited or scared or he** I don't know just everyday life! I know one thing when this WLS is over my life is going to be alot more about me!! That will be something new and different!! I thought about visiting Cruves or I use to go to water abroics so i may go back! Go have your nails done or just do something for Katie! love, Cherry
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/8/04 9:59 pm - Crossville, TN
Cherry - After surgery honey.... It's totally just about you! Remember that! Oh... and bank all you can on that till family is sick of hearing it! LOL! -Katie
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/8/04 10:28 pm - Crossville, TN
LOL Debbie - Sometimes I just wake up to early! I get up, read e-mail and this message board.... then I'm off to walk my 2 miles after that I start my day! But sadly sometimes I just wake up and can't go back to sleep then I'll go try to squeeze another hour of sleep before starting my day. However, all in all - once you have this surgery, you'll most likly be up with the birds like me! I swear your energy just goes sky high along with your self-esteem! My mom keeps saying she's gonna have me put on a new pill to keep this energy and self-esteem down a bit but of course I just laugh! By the way, i love the dancing idea! I love turning the music on high and just get moving! Have a good day... -Katie
Linda R.
on 7/8/04 2:39 am - maryville, tn
Katie it sounds like you have the head hunger or stress eating under control!! I will keep your ways in mind!! I'm just wondering how long it takes for you to feel good after surgery? Is your hair coming out?You are doing so good!!! What do you eat in a day? How in the world do you get in all the water? Sorry for the twenty questions.... I'm getting nervous Best of all things, Linda
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/8/04 10:13 pm - Crossville, TN
Hi Linda! It depends on which surgery your having - I had Open RYN and it took me about a month to start feeling normal again. About 2 weeks out of surgery is when I finally was able to leave the house and go to wal-mart. However, I got VERY tired and fast - Everyone said that was normal but the reason this happened for me was because the doctor office forgot to give me my B-12 shot. Ugh! After that I was good to go! About my hair *cries* - I'm actually going through that part of surgery right now. My hair is coming out, its not noticable but I know its coming out from when I take a shower or brush my hair or when I take the pony tail holder out.... I've been trying to use different shampoos, making sure I take my vitamins, and eating MORE protein. It should stop soon, its a normal thing to happen! I wouldn't stress to much about it though! What do I eat in a day? Hmmm Breakfast - Eggs, or yogurt, or a slim-fast (low-carb).... Lunch - 3oz. Tuna fish w/ 4 or 5 crackers, or a veggie/soy burger, sometimes a bowl of tomatoes/cucumbers with some cheese cut up, or peanutbutter w/ sugar free jelly on to of 4 or 5 crackers.... Dinner - some sort of meat or fish with some veggies, or a veggie/soy burger... Snacks - Yogurt, soy nuts, sunflower nuts, cottage cheese, tomatoes w/cucumbers, cheese slices (you can buy cheese in mini pre-sliced packages!), sherbet on a stick, sugar free popsicles.... Water? Hmm getting that in isn't as hard as you think it will be! You can also drink crystal light, sugar free kool-aid, propel fitness water, or fruit h20 - in place of some of your water! I hope I answered all your questions, Linda but please keep in mind I'm 3 months out of surgery... So our plans will be a bit different til your recovered and your doctor lets you move on to the next stage. Good luck!!! -Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics