First round of pre ops completed today.

jrbartlett
on 7/7/04 11:59 am - Arlington, TN
well I had my first round of pre ops today, ekg, treadmill stress test. sonagram, upper gi, and xrays. Now I know why they did not tell me what I was having I might have refused to go. just kidding. I hate barium, you would think with all our technology they could make something that tastes good for the test. now its just sit and wait until oct 4th, second round of pre ops are then for labs, then surgery on the 20th. seems long but I know it will arrive long before I am actually ready for it. Sleep study results came back,, yup, apnea and hypopnea, so its back for a second study with cpap. nothing better than sleeping with 100 pounds of equipment on your back unless its 100 pounds of equipment and a scuba mask on your face. ah the things we do for love(g). HOpe everyone is having a nice day, week , month. I have been extremely busy at work and trying to do a few legal appeals for some wls friends. One thing of note.... those of you being denied because they require 12 months or 2 years or 5 years pcp assisted dieting . we are finding that most of that is pure crap being fed out by INS co. Make sure they have a written policy stating it. SO far we have not found a single policy in writing... now isnt that interesting(frown). BCBS of TN wanted 5 years on me. I finally got approved but still can not get that great policy sent to me in writing. it does not appear on the web site nor does it appear in our employers policy. Anyway, keep up the good fight. I am in and out on the boards so if anyone needs me just drop me an email.
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/7/04 7:33 pm - Crossville, TN
Wow Joe - They sure make you do alot of pre-op testing. All I remember doing is X-Rays, EKG, and blood tests.... hmm strange! However, looks like your on your way to being on the loser side darlin! Congrats - your day is almost here! -Katie
Eva O.
on 7/7/04 10:46 pm - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Joe, wow i am tired just reading your post.It is good to hear from you haven't seen you on lately but you have been busy huh.I am glad you have all that testing over with for now.You are on your way want be long now.I too did the ss and have to go back for the cpap thing.Just can't wait for that lol.Glad to see you back. Eva
Debbie G.
on 7/8/04 12:20 am - Greeneville, TN
Wow Joe, Sounds like you are one heck of a fighter when it comes to insurance. I wish I could handle them that well. They aren't requiring five years of diet history for me, but they are making me do a six month PCP diet before they will approve the surgery. I have John Deere Select POS. Have you had any dealings with them?
tinyTNgirl
on 7/9/04 4:07 am - TN
Hiya Joe. What a busy man you are. Glad to hear you got your testing out of the way. Sorry about the apnea. Wish I had some words of wisdom there but i'm fresh out. Its so nice of you to help others with their insurance battles. That stuff is so stressful. Hang in there and God bless! Melanie
TraumaRN
on 7/9/04 10:05 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Hey Joe, Glad to see that you are moving forward. Before you know it it will be October and time for you to join us on the losers bench. I'm glad to see that you are helping WLS people with their appeals. God has a special place for you in heaven. Have a great day.... Anne
Most Active
Recent Topics