friends

elaine B.
on 7/7/04 4:07 am - nashville, TN
hi, just wanted to drop in a say hi, glad to know there is a place where we can go, where people understand US - I go for my consultation friday 7/9/4 @ vanderbilt - keep me in your prayers -going to support group on friday also- it has been a BIG HELP - looking for friends pre & post op to share stories, support, information, recipes do and don'ts and whatevers anybody had Kelly wright @ vanderbilt for their surgeon
Tara S.
on 7/7/04 4:35 am - Northwest, CO
Well you have got one now. I was looking myself. I am preop too. Going to my phsyc eval the 14th and after that I have to get insurance approval before I ever see my surgeon. Anyways, email me anytime. Tara
elaine B.
on 7/7/04 6:59 am - nashville, TN
Tara, glad to hear from you! I feel you pain been there done that, the bad thing about it is that when things come up sometimes that are frustrating, it sends me to the refrigerator, does it do that to you? I don't know what to expect when I go to the consultation on Friday, I guess every dr is different because I know that after he sees me and decides if i am a good candidate, I think that is when they start the insurance process. My paperwork has already been submitted from my PCP and speciality dr. as far as i know i don't take a psych, but i know other drs that require it - i will let you know what hapens friday - stay strong - it will happen in GOD time, I think that time is now for me i have been on this journey since 6/23/00, flip flopping back and forth I had 2 friends that had it done, both had complications,(both r doing fine now) and that scared me, however, this osteoarthritis has finally made me decide to give it to the LORD and let him take care of it
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/7/04 8:23 pm - Crossville, TN
Ohhhhh I can totally relate to Stress dragging you to the fridge thingy! Food is such an evil best friend and sadly, you still have to deal with stress eating, happy eating, head hunger, sad eating, or whatever after surgry - Its hard but it gets easier in time! Good luck, Katie
elaine B.
on 7/8/04 3:07 am - nashville, TN
Katie, thank you for that info about it getting easier, that is one thing that I have benn kinda stressing about (emotional eating) glad to know that it does get easier
TNkelligirl
on 7/7/04 10:55 am - LaVergne, TN
Elaine, I had my first consultation with Dr. Kelly Wright last Friday..............He was nice, very professional, seemed to know his stuff.......I wish you the best of luck and maybe we'll end up in the hospital about the same time. Kelly
elaine B.
on 7/8/04 3:13 am - nashville, TN
oh thank you kelly, you are the first person i have heard say that Dr wright was nice ...he must like you becuase you all got the same first name, my friend's dr was wright in 2002 and we both immediately thought he was SO mean and he had a terrible bedside manner-, however, he does know his stuff most of the people in the waiting room was talking about how MEAN he was, i'm glad your experience was favorable, are you going to support group on friday 7/9? what type of insurance do you have?hope to hear from you soon
elaine B.
on 7/8/04 3:27 am - nashville, TN
do you know what the next step is with Dr. wright, i cannot wait until tomorrow, i will keep you posted on what happens, did he give you a list of tests to have completed? when do you go see him again, who does the insurance stuff - you or Lisa (dr wright secretary), how long have you been on your journey?
TNkelligirl
on 7/9/04 11:10 am - LaVergne, TN
So, girl, how did it go...............they sent me for bloodwork as I left last Friday.........................Lisa should have my insurance stuff in by next week and then it's just wait, wait wait................I started seriously considering WLS last summer after I had a failed IVF cycle...............the doc's theory was my big body didn't absorb the hormones I was taking in shot form................by the time I got around to calling Lisa @ Dr. Wright's office, I was informed I had to do 6 mos of physician supervisied dieting.....................my 6 mos is completed Monday...............I also did a 12 week Weigh****cher's Series during that time.................I am seriously hoping I don't have to fight my insurance company, but I'm ready to fight to the death if I have to.
TNkelligirl
on 7/8/04 10:13 am - LaVergne, TN
Lol, I think I thought he was okay cuz I've been a nurse almost 17 years so I'm used to dealing with "mean" doctors. Heck my definition of a mean doctor is one who throws stuff at you, so maybe my take on Dr. Wright wasn't the best. As for support group, I wish I could but Friday's are the day the other nurse I work with leaves early, so I have to be there for coverage. As for insurance, I have CIGNA HMO as my primary (I also am employed by CIGNA) and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois PPO as my secondary insurance.
Most Active
Recent Topics