Speak up older ladies, please!!

Donna C.
on 7/6/04 2:17 pm - Gatlinburg, TN
I have not had time to look through EVERY before and after photo, but those that I have are all younger than myself. Are there any other out there that has had this done and who is older. As in 50+ I read today that those that are Type 2 Diabetic (which I am) do not lose as much. bummer , if that is true. I need to find out if true, why it is. If any insight in that is out there I would love to hear it. I have been looking at some amazing pictures, and it is so wonderful to see so many lives changed for the better.
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/6/04 8:41 pm - Crossville, TN
Morning! I'm not over 50 but there is a message board for those of you "over 50 and had WLS".... http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/amosforums/over_50/ Hope you find your answer there! -Katie
Eva O.
on 7/7/04 1:30 am - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Donna, i guess i will fit the bill,i am over 55+,but i have not had the surgery yet.I am hoping for a Aug. date but not sure.I am also type 2 diabetic for about 4 months now.I am hoping this surgery will help to get rid of it.I am having the lap band surgery if insurance approves it and i know it will take longer to lose the weight but it will be worth it in the long run.I think i am the old gal here on this board but thats ok to.lol Eva
dgd
on 7/7/04 1:44 am - Sheffield, AL
Hi Donna, Although I am from AL, I continue to visit this message board because I lived in TN last year before my surgery and hope to move back soon. I was 48 when I had my surgery and had type 2 diabetes. I have not taken any diabetic medication since the day of my surgery. Being diabetic is one of the main reasons I had my surgery. My weight loss has not been a problem at all. I might not be losing as fast as some, but I don't do as much walking as I should either. I have lost over 125 lbs as of May (I don't weigh often) and my one year anniversary is August 15th. I hope you find all the information you need to make a decision that is right for you.
elaine B.
on 7/7/04 4:21 am - nashville, TN
Hi, glad to see more of me 50+ (52 to be exact) I had not heard that type 2 diabetic don't loose as much, I hope that is not true (what exactly is don't loose that much) what were the cir****tances? I hope that it is a case by case situation. I intened to do eveything i can to loose every bit of unwanted weight! I have no problem with exercising, and used to go to the water aerobics class at the Y until I was diaagnosed with osteoarthritis and made it almost unbearalbe to walk - I cannot wait to get back into the water - and do to other things that I have not done in a long time or never done before. I have my consultation on friday 7/9 at vandy. I have other health problems as well, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, so I am really looking forward to being more healthy. keep in touch and let me know if you hear anything else about diabetics, when i go to the dr on friday i will ask him about that
Most Active
Recent Topics