Knoxville support group meeting question

amberrose1967
on 7/6/04 6:27 am - west chester, OH
Hi all..there is a support group meeting at baptist hospital on the second tuesday of each mth at 7pm, or so I have been told..does anyone here go to those meetings? I have to attend one prior to scheduling second consult with Dr Hodges and really want to find someone to go with, hate going alone especially first time.. such a baby huh lol Dawn Knoxville
Donna C.
on 7/6/04 12:39 pm - Gatlinburg, TN
first of all I love that little guy Under the chair. That is how I feel somedays just hoping the flak does not hit me. I am going to attend my first real life people to people support meeting on the 13th. From what I have been told it is at East Towne (or whatever it is called ) 6pm. at a meeting room(government/police Room next to JC Penney. I am assuming this on the inside of the mall. but don't know for sure. I want to meet some people face to face and get all kinds of advice. Donna
Greg D.
on 7/6/04 3:05 pm - Knoxville, TN
The one at East Towne/Knoxville Center is a good one. You enter through penney's upstairs & go to where the opening into the mall is. Look to your left & you will see "City Hall at the Mall" go into the Knoxville Police Dept. & ask the person at the desk where the room is for the support group meeting & they will show you. The next meeting is this Thursday July 8th from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. Greg
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/6/04 9:14 pm - Crossville, TN
Morning Dawn! Are you talking about the new Baptist Hospital by Lovel Rd.? Super Target? If so I know a guy that goes there every Tuesday. He actually came to the hospital to see me - Talk about a waste of 5 hour drive, I never even really got to say Hello! But anyways if thats where your talking about - I can hook ya up with him and maybe he can show you around, so you can meet some new people! He had surgery a year ago on July 25th! He's done fantastic and @GOAL! Let me know! -Katie
amberrose1967
on 7/6/04 9:49 pm - west chester, OH
Good Morning Katie, I am really not sure at all.. I just know it is baptist west.. have not looked it up on a map or anything yet.. I am having trouble finding a group to go to that fits my schedule.. since my husband's car died hes been taking mine to work and he doesn't come in til after 6pm most nights..so by the time I would get to the meeting it would be half over. I appreciate the offer and I would love to talk to him, maybe we can work something out to meet there when I can work it out with hubby to keep my car for a day . Really doesn't matter which group I go to as long as I get to one in the next 2 weeks or so. By the 20th when I complete the psych evaluation, I would love to have everything done so all that is left is to schedule second consult and get a date Thank You. Dawn Knoxville
Sabby
on 7/7/04 1:13 am - Knoxville, TN
Baptist West is the hospital beside the Super Target I attend the Knoxville support groups when I can. Not able to much because my husband doesn't like going and I don't like going alone...LOL If you'd like to buddy up sometime and go, give me a holler! There are also some other good Support Groups here in Knoxville...The North Pod one was the first I ever went to. There is also a farragut meeting.
Most Active
Recent Topics