Why haven't they?

Donna C.
on 7/5/04 2:42 am - Gatlinburg, TN
Why hasn't some one like Ophra done this kind of surgery. She has gone up and down for years. LIke most of us. She is such a strong personality that she can be any size and move mountains! And are there some of those skin and bones Hollywood women the results of this surgery. I declare, fat ain't what I want, but heaven protect me from being an unatractive bone bag too. Are there any one that has had this surgery that we can read about. I know the weather guy, Al Roker??, did. Is there a site where he tells his road to weight loss? Seems I saw something, but did not click on it right then and have not been able to find it again. Donna
wannabe an 8.
on 7/5/04 4:54 am - knoxville, TN
HI Donna Look up carnie wilson and sharon ozbourne,Randy Jackson from american idol
barbak59
on 7/5/04 6:52 am - JOELTON, TN
Hi Donna I'm like Michelle, the one's I know about are Carnie Wilson for the girl band Wilson Phillips. Randy from American Idol, Sharon Osburn & I believe Rosanne Arnold or Barr I'm not sure what her last name is anymore but I think she had it also. But she isn't very good following the new life style she says she eats all kinds of cheese every 10minutes. all day long. Sometimes on the DHC (Discovery Health Channell) they have a show called I Lost It. It shows people who have lost lg. amounts of wt. one way or another. Good Luck with your journey. Ophra has said this just isn't the way she wants to go with her wt loss. Barb
MargaretD
on 7/5/04 11:57 am - Nashville, TN
John Popper from the band Blues Traveller also had the surgery. I heard some awful dj's on the radio today saying they don't like his singing as much since he lost all the weight...they liked him better fat, thought it made his voice quality better. How ridiculous is that. It made me quite angry.
Donna C.
on 7/5/04 12:37 pm - Gatlinburg, TN
Better or worse voice or not. Thing is he will longer to sing!! Sort of crass isn't it. Is there a place that people list the odd and unsual things people have said to them as the pounds came off? Just read a book about that kind of thing and how to deal with people that might not be well meaning. Like the critics and cynics. I wonder if the mental health appointment gives them some insight into how a person will be able to handle it. Donna
thriftgirl
on 7/5/04 2:44 pm - Nashville, TN
Actually, opera singers tend to be larger. There is something real about size and resonance, but I don't know any details. Of course, the Blues Traveller guy isn't a classical singer...but I'm sure that significant weight loss did change his voice. I still say good for him, though! Just my 2 cents.
Most Active
Recent Topics