Moved To Tennessee

Dawn K.
on 6/29/04 8:26 am - Hendersonville, TN
Hi, I had surgery almost a year ago in my home state of Kansas. While I lived in Kansas I went to monthly support group meetings and they really helped. I need help finding a support group near my new home in Tennessee. So, if anyone knows any groups near Hendersonville (nashville) that I would be welcome to attend could you please send me the information?! I has the Roux-n-Y surgery on August 28, 2003 and have lost 108#'s to date but I need some help staying encouraged to follow the rules! Hope to hear back from someone! Dawn
msrob68
on 6/29/04 8:36 am - Hampshire, TN
You could check with Centinnal Medical Center they meet I believe every 3rd Tuesday... but call and they can tell you for sure... 615-342-1000 Welcome to TN Dawn and welcome to our family here... I just had my surgery on 6/23/04 and the hospital was wonderful and my doctor was wonderful... I was very pleased with them...Even though I know some people have had problems... You could also call the Community Services in your town and ask if they have a group meeting.. i know I can go to one right near where I live in Hampshire TN ... So it never hurts to check.. Best wishes with finding a group and you can always talk to us.. And you have done such a wonderful job of losing... I pray that you can stay on this path with help and guidance you need... Much love and hugs Robin 6 days post op
barbak59
on 6/29/04 9:02 am - JOELTON, TN
Hi Dawn Welcome to the great state of TN. Congrats on all your #WL. I'm just 11 mo. behind you. My date for Lap RNY is 7/28/04 @ Vanderbilt We meet every 1st & 3rd Tues. of the mo. nxt date is 7/6 we would love to have ya there. I've only been twice but I really liked it. For info go to www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/vchn you may also want to contact Hendersonville Hospital & Skyline Hospital they are much closer to you, but I'm not sure if they have sup. meetings or not. Best of Luck on your continued success. Barb
Eva O.
on 6/29/04 12:09 pm - Thompson Station, TN
HA Dawn, welcome to our lovely state and congrats on your weight loss that is really great.i have not had surgery yet but hopefully by August i will have a date.thier are a lot of helping people on this board and very supportive to.Glad your here.i haven't been to any support meetings yet but soon i hope. Eva
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/29/04 2:40 pm - Crossville, TN
WOW! First off - Welcome to Tennessee!! Hope you enjoy the state!! Second off - CONGRATS on your weight loss!! That is so wonderful!! Third off - I don't konw any support groups but I do know you can get LOTS of support on this board, on the main message board, ObesityHelp.com chat room, and even on some YAHOO WLS Groups. Ohh one last thing - There's a post a few down titled "Lets Get To Know Each Other...." We'd love if you filled it out also! -Katie
msrob68
on 6/29/04 10:44 pm - Hampshire, TN
Dawn I found a list of the support groups that we got in our notebooks when we started the surgery process... Sumner County - 3rd Saturday of every month @ 9am, Hendersonville Hospital Communtiy Room CJ Johnston - Moderator- [email protected] Hope that helps you out.... Much love and hugs Robin 1 week postop
Most Active
Recent Topics