Turned Down

Kathy Newton
on 6/29/04 4:59 am - LaVergne, TN
Hi everyone, Dr. Hodge and Dr. Watson of Johnson City, has turned me down for the surgery because I have health problems. Isn't that the reason obesity needs the surgery, to get rid of the problems from being over weight? Now I'm back to the searching board to find a surgeon that will do the procedure and not cost me an arm and a leg in fees. If anyone knows of a doctor that doesn't cost thousands at the first appointment, please let me know. Would sure appreciate it. Thanks, friends, Kathy Newton
Linda R.
on 6/29/04 6:34 am - maryville, tn
Kathy I'm so sorry. I don't know if this will help but I'm using Dr colquitt/ Dr Ray in Maryville.A couple of months ago he dropped his program fee from $3000. to $ 500. As far as health problems I don't know but at the meeting I went to he said it depends on the person and told people to talk to him later about it. Everything seems to be a hassle at times just hang in and don't give up !! Best wishes Linda
Eva O.
on 6/29/04 6:34 am - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Katie, wow that just is not fair are these dr. wls dr? if so i don't understand why not do the surgery for you.i don't know what kind of insurance you have but you might try tenncare of tn. they are approving a lot of surgerys now and i don't know your situation but it might help, just trying to help. Eva
wannabe an 8.
on 6/29/04 8:17 am - knoxville, TN
HI Eva Yes Dr watson and Hodge are Wls dr they are the same ones I am using. Michelle
barbak59
on 6/29/04 9:20 am - JOELTON, TN
Kathy I'm not real sure where Bean Station is located but if your interested you might get your PCP to refer you to Vanderbilt. I am also on Medicare & Dr. Richards is wonderful. For info go to www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/vchn I don't know all of your heath problems, or your age but like you said isn't that what WLS is for. I wish you all the best & I now have you on my prayer list. Anyone who is in need of WLS should have that chance. Make sure you know all the risk. Then it should be left up to you as long as the Dr. takes your ins. Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics