Heading BACK to Sleep Study

barbak59
on 6/28/04 9:24 am - JOELTON, TN
Well I got to do my ss last night @ Centennial in Nashville, I had to be there @ 8:00pm.I took alot of stuff with me, I took my pillow, my body pillow, my granny's quilt, an a small fan. I told ya I had alot of stuff. My DH had to carry everything up to the room & my daughter had to pick me up at 6:30am (she was not happy about that) but I needed her to carry everything back to the car for me. Other wise I could have drove myself. The room was nice, a full size bed-- comfy mattress & I don't usally find any mattress comfy, a TV,two chairs, a big bathroom. The study was ok, The room was so quiet. I was glad I took my fan. I was hooked up to all the wires (did not bother me in the least) I looked like something out of and old SiFi movie. But I didn't have to go on the cpap machine any last night, nurse had told me I might have to but I didn't. This morning she said I had 3 dreams & that I was right on the borderline to say I had apnea, I only quit breathing for a short time while I dreamed. So guess what. I get to go back tonight. Wasn't sure I could get back in so soon, but they had a cancellation & they knew my Dr. was in a hurry to finish my report up. Same thing tonight except tonight I will use the cpap machine. Daughter is really not happy about another early morning pick-up. Hope everyone has a great week. How's Robin & Anne doing? Has anyone heard anything else from them? Night night Barb 7/28/04 lap rny
Eva O.
on 6/28/04 1:48 pm - Thompson Station, TN
Ha Barbara, well sorry you have to go again,is that the norm for everyone just didn't know.I am sure glad you said something about taking a fan cause i sure wouldn't sleep with out my.I am going for my study WED. night this week to.Good luck. Eva ttul
Kathy Newton
on 6/29/04 5:36 am - LaVergne, TN
Hi Eva, if you are being tested for the first time, the first sleep study is just that a study of your sleeping, the second appointment is to test how you sleep and breath with the CPAP. Since I have been on my machine for over 2 years, I only have to go when needed for a sleep level test on whether I need an increase on my machine. I had one done about 2 weeks ago, but since I never went to sleep, I have to have another level test in August. I am currently at level 15 out of 20. That puts me at high risk. If I don't wear the mask, I could die in my sleep. When I'm in the hospital I'm usually on oxygen and after this surgery I will be on oxygen at home for sleeping purposes for about a week to two weeks. This is to ween me from the cpap. Y'all take care. Would rather have to go thru a sleep test, then a barium swollow. LOL Love Kathy Newton
barbak59
on 6/29/04 6:44 am - JOELTON, TN
Hope your study goes as well as mine, just relax. Where are you having your study done? Don't forget you most comfortable sleep clothes , (gown,tshirt, pj's) your fan, & your pillow. Night Night don't let the bed bugs bite. Barb ttfn
Most Active
Recent Topics