Lets Get To Know Each Other!

Jen B.
on 6/28/04 4:40 am - TN
Crap! I thought mine looked shorter than the others! Looks like I didn't cut/paste right What made you have WLS: I haven't had it yet. However, I am diabetic and hypertensive. Everyone on my dad's side of the family is diabetic and has had heart problems. Do you regret it: I don't think I will Would you like to meet other WLS Tennessee Members: Sure would! Things you can't wait to do once the weight comes off: Hiking up Mt. LeConte in the Smokies Something you're looking forward to: Being healthier
emerging_butterfly
on 6/27/04 3:15 pm - Columbia, SC
Here goes my answers. Name: Susan Russell Nick Names: Sus Age: 31 Date of Birth:3-14 Location: Clarksville Status: Married/Hoop jumping for insurance approval Kids:None yet Occupation:College student soon to be school psychologist! Things you love:My DH, my mother, my nieces, time to myself Things you hate:Rude people/salespeople, being betrayed by someone you thought you could trust Favorite -Movie?Grease, and so many more that I am drawing a blank right now -Music? All kinds -Hobby?Crocheting, cross-stitch, crafting, beading ( I make earrings, bracelets, etc) -TV Show? ALIAS, Cheers re-runs, Nip/Tuck, Still Standing, Will and Grace -Workout? None yet -Food?Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Shrimp, etc. -Animal?Dogs and butterflies What made you have WLS?I am traveling down this path so that I will be healthy. Hopefully it will help control my diabetes and I will not have to check my sugars 3 times a day and take 3 types of medication for it. Also, I am thinking I want to have children and cannot think of having them until I lose weight. Do you regret it? Would you like to meet other WLS Tennessee Members? Yeppers Things your can't wait to do once the weight comes off? Go on vacation with my hubby Something your looking forward to?Have a period (haven't had one for over 2 years), wear a skirt, cute shoes, and cute outfits. Great idea, Katie. Susan {!}
Debbie G.
on 6/27/04 9:50 pm - Greeneville, TN
Hey Katie, I can't wait to get signed on each day to see your smiling face. You brighten the days with you happy attitude. Name: Debbie Gosnell Nick Name: Deb Age: 49 Date of Birth: December 12, 1954 Location: Greeneville, TN Kids: One daughter, one son, three stepsons, two granddaughters, and five stepgrandchildren. WHEW!!! No wonder I am tired!! Occupation: Account Clerk II Things you love: My wonderful God, family, friends and laughter Things you hate: Insensitive and uncaring people Favorite Movie: The Color Purple, The Wizard of Oz Favorite Music: 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's rock Hobby: Collecting Wizard of Oz stuff TV Show: Lifetime Movie Network Workout: Playing with the grandchildren. Six of them are six and under in age! Favorite Food: Steak Favorite Animal: Cat I decided to have WLS because I am tired of being in pain and not being able to keep up with my babies when they want to play. I love meeting new people. They can add a great variety of to your daily life. I am most looking forward to dancing again and actually enjoy going to the beach. We go ever year, but the last few haven't been as much fun because I can't swim and frolic as much as I use too.
Julie G.
on 6/28/04 3:16 am - Lebanon, TN
Name: Julie Nick Names: Ju, JuJu, Jules, Ju Baby Age: 26 Date of Birth: October 30, 1977 (day before halloween) Location: Lebanon, TN Status: Single, Pre-Op: seeing the surgeon tomorrow Kids: None, but would like to have either 2 or 4 at some point in my life Occupation: unemployed Things you love: My grandmother who raised me, my family, my cats, rain, storms, cool weather, books Things you hate: People who are judgmental of others (such as those who judge us for being overweight and they have no idea how it is) Favorite -Movie: Hard to say since I love lots of movies. I like Harry Potter, Driving Ms. Daisy, Steel Magnolias, The Green Mile, anything with Tom Hanks in it (I think he is awesome), anything with Julia Roberts in it -Music: I don't have any favorite, but I like the oldies and old country music the best -Hobby: Reading -TV Show: CSI, CSI Miami, Cold Case, Guiding Light and As The World Turns -Workout: I love to walk when I am able to -Food: Fresh from the garden green beans and field peas, Ice Cream, Ice Cream Sandwiches, Pizza, Mexican, Chinese -Animal: Cats, cats and more cats. But I also loved my two dogs that are in heaven now What made you have WLS: Haven't had it yet. But I want to have it because my health is getting really bad. I'm 485 pounds and have several co-morbitities. I want to be around to take care of my grandmother (the one who raised me) when she gets old and needs me. Do you regret it: I don't think I will Would you like to meet other WLS Tennessee Members: Would be great Things your can't wait to do once the weight comes off: I want to go and ride all the rides at the fair Something your looking forward to: Being healthier and happier
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/04 4:26 am - some city, SC
Here goes Name: Melissa Nick Names: Missa, Mel, crazy lady (don't ask ) Age: 25 Date of Birth: 11/9/78 Location: Kingsport Status: single but hopefully not for much longer /don't weigh enough for WLS (could be a blessing though it doesn't help the fact that i can't seem to lose weight) Kids: i want them in the future Occupation:Travelling Sales Rep for a bank Things you love:God, life, my friends, my family, I LOVE TO SING, a lot of things Things you dislike: 2 faced people; racists; telemarketers; failing Favorite -Movie? somany!!!! Scream is my absolute fav tho...I think it's hilarious -Music? Anything I can sing along with! -Hobby? scrapbooking, singing -TV Show?all the Law & Orders, pretty much any crime type show -Workout? yup at Curves -Food? ice cream, Japanese steak house food YUM, pizza, chocolate, not much I don't like -Animal? none What made you have WLS? I can't have it...not only for insurance reasons, but now that i've lost 20 pounds i don't meet the BMI anyway Do you regret it? Would you like to meet other WLS Tennessee Members?YES Things your can't wait to do once the weight comes off? Something your looking forward to? Being married one day and being a mom one day
TenneSassy
on 6/28/04 10:54 am - Hudson, FL
Name: Terri Nick Names: Granny Age: 44 Date of Birth: 5/7/60 Location: Nashville Status: Married/Pre-Op ( 8 days and a wake-up) Kids: 1 daughter she's married Occupation:State of TN/Dept. of Education Things you love:My hubby, my daughter, my grandson, my 6 chihuahuas Things you hate:rude...mean people Favorite -Movie? Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Resevoir Dogs, Shaft (Just about anything with Samuel Jackson) -Music?Celine Dion -Hobby?Riding my motorcycle -TV Show? Third Watch, West Wing -Workout? -Food? BBQ Ribs (this month) -Animal? my 6 chihuahuas (Mija, Shakes,Sergio,Pig,Mouse,Carmella) What made you have WLS? I want to get my health back. Do you regret it? Would you like to meet other WLS Tennessee Members? Certainly Things your can't wait to do once the weight comes off? Run after my grandson...he'll be running by that time Something your looking forward to? being able to buy clothes right off the rack and not having to order ANYTHING else from Lane Bryant!
lisageo
on 6/28/04 2:52 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
Let me try this again. I posted once but it did not go through? Name: Lisa Nickname: none age: 36 Date of birth: October 23, 1967 Location: I live in Shelbyville, Tennessee. Status: I am married and I am preop waiting on appointment with surgeon for consultation on July 20th. Kids: We have 4 boys and 1 girl. Two boys are adopted. Timothy is 14(special needs), Calvin is 13, Ashley is 12, Robert is 12, and Allan is 10. Occupation: I am a Unit Trainer for waitresses. I also wait tables and cook sometimes too at a restaurant. Things I love: Charitable organizations such as ST. Jude, people who helps abused children and their families, I love a breezy, fall day. I love Taekwondo. I love my dogs: Suzie, Oreo, Pepper, Ginny, Jack, Tasha, and a new dog named Raven. I love my cats Rocket and Angel. Things I hate: I hate being overweight of course. I hate when people are self-centered on themselves and do not think of others. I hate a dirty kitchen sink. I hate a dirty grill work area at work. Favorite: Movie: Rush Hour 2 Music: Country music, soft rock too. I like Alan Jackson, Shania Twain, Grethen Wilson, Faith Hill, Tim Mcgraw, Amy Grant. Hobby: I like bike riding, walking, reading, doing crossword puzzles, collecting windchimes, porcelain dolls. TV show: ER, Friends Workout: Taekwondo of course! We just tested to get our Green belts. Food: I love chicken cheese chimichangas, mexican food, pizza, grilled chicken. Animal: I love my pomeranians (Pepper and Oreo), I love my chihuahuas ( Suzie, Tasha, Jack, and Ginny. I love my ****er Spaniel I just got. Her name is Raven. Someone just abanded her. We took her in. I love my cats Angel and Rocket What made me have WLS?: I have not had yet. But I decided to do this surgery because I am tired of being in pain and being overweight. I want to be able to ride a horse and play with my children with out getting tired. I want to be able to do a spinning side kick in Taekwondo. DO I regret it?: I have not yet. Would you like to meet other WLS members?: yes, I would like to meet new people. Things you can't wait to do after WLS?: Do spinning side kick. Do a full split. jump run ride a horse fit comfortably in a seat. be able to bend over to tie my shoes without getting out of breath. get new clothes. get a new bathing suit. Something you are looking foward to? Prove to my self I can lose this weight and keep it off. Lisa
AprilHutson
on 6/28/04 5:06 pm - Sparta, TN
Here Goes!!!! Name:April Hutson Nicknames:Appie Dawn(grandparents) Age:28 Birthdate:05/25/76 Location:Sparta,Tn Status:Pre-op,Boyfriend of 8yrs Kids:My Bambi(Chihuahua) Occupation:LPN Things You Love:My computer,and the support from all you great people! My Family and TRUE FRIENDS! Things You Hate:Liars,Being Overweight(of course),being broke and feeling sad. Favorites: Movie:Urban Cowboy,Titanic,And any movie with Vin Diesel in it Music:All Kinds,and depends on my mood. Hobby:I collect Anne Geddes dolls,Computer TV Show:American Chopper,Some MTV stuff,Alot of Discovery Health shows. Workout:YEA RIGHT!!!! Food:Mexican,Mexican,and did I forget Mexican!!!! Animal:My precious "BAM BAM" Chihauhua What made you have WLS? Not had yet,but hoping VERY soon.I want to be healthier,happier and start living a normal life. Do you regret it? I dout seriously if I'll regret it!!! Would you like to meet other TN WLS members? Absolutely Things you can't wait to do once the weight comes off: Get outdoors more,and not have to buy my clothes from Lane Bryant. Something your looking foward to: BEING A BIG,BIG LOOSER!!!! April
amberrose1967
on 7/3/04 8:25 am - west chester, OH
Well here goes.. NAME: Dawn NICK NAMES: Sam, Charlie Brown (grandad), Princess, Angel, Ladybug (all from friends) AGE: 36 but feel like 80 D.O.B: December, 10, 1967 in Aspen Colorado LOCATION: Knoxville (for now anyways lol) STATUS: Married 18 yrs, PRE-op but getting close to insurance submission time..HOPEFULLY won't be much longer! KIDS: 3 Very Beautiful teenage daughters. Jennifer 17, Krystal 16, Ashley 15 OCCUPATION: nothing right now, but for 20+ yrs CNA THINGS I LOVE: God, My family, friends , dancing (once upon a time), singing, doing hair, swimming and whitewater rafting, raquetball..alot of these I can not do anymore for health reasons but I am so looking forward to the day I can again! THINGS I DISLIKE: rude obnoxious people who think they are better than everyone else..dishonesty on ANY level..predjudices..discrimination..and the way I hurt every single day of my life! The way I see this one is, if you do not like someone you should be kind anyways, what good does it do to hurt another person or to be rude and cruel..it just makes me all the more determined to perservere to change thier attitude (maybe they just had a bad day). Most times I have found that this approach usually works and they do change thier attitude.."you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar " or so they say FAV. MOVIE: Like all sorts but have to say probably older classics like Pretty woman, Steel Magnolias, Beaches etc etc.. but like just about all movies except the stupid comedy types or sci fi stuff like star wars etc. FAV. MUSIC: Gospel, Classical, Jazz (Kenny G), Classic country, older classic rock..I am stuck in the 80's my family tells me lol HOBBIES: crafting, sewing, dancing, camping, swimming, raquetball, cake decorating and baking, creating new recipes. I collect angels, porcelain dolls, and cookbooks, candles. Would love to learn how to design webpages, and learn photography and to make my own candles and potpourri etc. TV SHOWS:Love to watch court tv, like cold case files, forensic files, anything true crime..it fascinates me to learn all they can do now and how the mind works etc.. also love shows like csi and lifetime channel. I also enjoy the trading spaces and while you were out shows..(they have some great ideas sometimes). WORKOUT: NOT these days but when I could, I loved dacing, water aerobics and raquetball and of course (GREAAAAAT sex) lol FOOD: Italian and Mexican and on rare occasion walnut brownies..but Thank God I never had the huuge sweets monster on my back..cheese on the other hand is my demon. and cokes and coffee with alot of cream and sugar in it. On this note, anyone who knows of a goooood substitute for the coffee or brownie for post op would be very welcomed ANIMAL: have none at this time. Last yr someone poisoned my cat around christmas time. can't bring myself to get another yet. Maybe one day I will get a mini poodle.. ?? There are many reasons I opt for WLS and the biggest reason is the fact of obvious health issues that have been crippeling me more and more each yr that passes. The second is my family. With my health as it is my poor children pay the price every single day and it just is not fair to them to have to pick up my slack because I am so obese and unhealthy! And my dear husband who has stuck by me through all of this mess, good and bad! I want to be the very best wife and mother I can be and to be able to accomplish that. And to be pain-free and able to move again..all of these would be an incredible blessing for ALL of us! I KNOW I will NOT regret it when it does happen for me.. it can only get better from there! And if God choses to take my life for any reason I am prepared for that too.. It is all in HIS hands and I trust Him completely! I would MOST DEFINITELY love to meet other WLS members both pre and post op! No better friends than friends who have been or are in the same position at some point in thier lives and can relate to all you think and feel.. it is most often hard for those who have never been in our shoes to understand where we are coming from , no matter how hard they try to. Things I look forward to after surgery is a huge question because for as long as I can remember I have been huge and limited in my abilities but I guess the biggest things would be to wake up rested after being able to sleep a full night in my own bed.. to be able to breathe again without pain and dizziness..to be able to walk without excruciating pain throughout my entire body. I want to hug my children and take them out to do the things they so long to have me do with them, like bowling, skating, swimming, etc etc.. To be able to put on my shoes again without having to use a prybar to get my swollen feet into them and then crying because of the way they hurt my feet.. To FIT into a bathtub again and just soak for an hour uninterrupted is a huge dream for me! I guess they all seem kinda dumb but for me it is the everyday little things I so long for! And I long for the day when I see that special look from my husband's eyes I used to see early on in our marriage..I know he loves me but somehow that spark is missing and has been for so long now.. I WANT IT BACK! (please do not misunderstand that, I have no doubts about him, ,his love for me or his commitment to this marriage but you know how you look at someone when you really love them and desire them and believe with everything in you that they are beautiful.. that is what I am talking about.) anyways sorry for the book, but Katie.. it is YOUR fault.. YOU asked LOL
DixieFlower
on 7/25/04 11:24 am - Chattanooga, TN
Name: Augusta Nick Names: Dixie Age: 27 Date of Birth: 09/16/1976 Location: Chattanooga Status: Happily Single Kids: none by birth but I am raising my nephew Occupation:Student, I finish up my degree in the fall but won't graduate till May since that is the only time they have commencement Things you love: Butterflies, Hummingbirds, Smiles and laughter from children. Things you hate: Liars, cheats, a sad child. Favorite -Movie? "Ever After" & The Lord of the rings movies -Music?100% without a doubt country. However I also enjoy jazz, blues, classical and musicals. -Hobby? Instrumental music. I play Bflat clarinet, bass clarinet, trombone, french horn and piano. -TV Show?Any law related show -Workout?I love swimming -Food? Pao Dolce (portuguese sweet bread known to most as Hawaiian King's bread) & Mauna Pua (Char sui (red colored pork in a sweet bun) -Animal?Frankly I love all animals and yes I mean all. What made you have WLS? Four yrs ago I had to go to the ER for the first time with problems breathing. My nephew was with me. The nurses tried to keep him distracted. One of them asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up and he stated "a doc" the nurse asked him why and he said "so I could fix auntie". At that point I just balled and new I had to do something so I started researching the surgeries then and finally decided a yr ago to have RNY. Do you regret it? Honestly there are times that I cry and wonder what the hell did I do to myself. But overall I am glad that I decided to have this done it has helped me become so much more active than I have been in a very long time. Would you like to meet other WLS Tennessee Members? Most definately Things your can't wait to do once the weight comes off? Keeping up with my nephew, riding all the rides at amusement parks, not having to go the week before school starts to see if Im gonna "fit" in the desk. Something your looking forward to? Telling those jerk guys that wouldn't give me the time of day when I was obese exactly where they can go should they decide they now want to get to know me.
Most Active
Recent Topics