Lets Get To Know Each Other!

ShrinkingKatie
on 6/26/04 4:37 pm - Crossville, TN
Sorry about that, Annie! I got caught up in watching the movie "Ya-Ya Sisterhood" and forgot to post my answers! However, there up now! By the way, that movie is so good! I love a movie that can make ya laugh & cry at the same time! LOL! -Katie
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/26/04 4:33 pm - Crossville, TN
Name~ Katie Nick Names~ KT, Kate, KatieBear.... Age~ 23 years old Date of Birth~ Feb. 4, 1981 Location~ Crossville, Tennessee Status~ Single Status on surgery~ Post-Op Kids~ None, maybe someday! Occupation~ College Student Things you love~ My family, friends, my WLS Doctor, shopping, teddy bears, the color purple, my computer, Things you hate~ Liars, false promises, fake friends..... Favorite -Movie? Steel Magnolis (Spelling?), River Runs Through It, Beachs, Simon Birch.... -Music? Everything! -Hobby? Cross stitching, computers, html websites, chatting, crafts.... -TV Show? FRIENDS! I can't believe its over though! And Will & Grace, Cold Case, Gilmore Girls, Law & Order.... -Workout? Walking.... -Food? Homemade taco salad & pizza! -Animal? I love dogs! I hope to get a new puppy when I get some weight off and able to take care of her - all the time! What made you have WLS? ~I finally came to a point in my life that I realized, it was time to take charge instead of blaming everyone for my problems (especially my father! Ugh!) I also realized if I didn't have this surgery, I probably wouldn't even make to 30. I wanted a 2nd chance at life and thankfully, I was able to have it. Do you regret it? ~Never! Would you like to meet other WLS Tennessee Members? ~Would love too! Things your can't wait to do once the weight comes off? ~Everything! Plane rides, roller coasters, dancing, driving, being comfortable in my own skin, being able to walk into a room and not try to hide behind the wall.... Something your looking forward to? ~CLOTHS SHOPPING! Going to the movie theater and fitting in to the seats! Going out to eat and not worrying about whether its gonna be a booth! SHOPPING! (Opps I said that!)
gyverbabe
on 6/26/04 5:00 pm - Knoxville, Tn
Ok, here goes! Name: Sherri Garrett Nick Names: none.........except GORGEOUS! Age: 29 again, and again, and again Date of Birth: 1/11 Location: Knoxville, TN Status: Married Kids: 5, 2 of whom are at home Occupation: LPN Things you love: Roses, singing, my family Things you hate: spiders and snakes! Favorite -Movie? Hmmm, the Harry Potter series, Father of the Bride 1 and 2, Nine Months, most disaster movies -Music? Country and Pop -Hobby? reading -TV Show? Charmed, the Law and Order shows, ER -Workout? When I have time -Food? Chicken -Animal? dogs What made you have WLS? My dad having a heart attack 2 years ago Do you regret it? NO Would you like to meet other WLS Tennessee Members? absolutely! Things your can't wait to do once the weight comes off? Ride amusement park, walk the zoo, ride a bike Something your looking forward to? SHOPPING in the normal size section!
msrob68
on 6/26/04 6:52 pm - Hampshire, TN
Name: Robin Ad**** Nick Names: Rob (Don't ask) Age: 36 Date of Birth: 5/23/68 Location: Nashville Status: Living w/sombody/post-op (4 days) Kids: 4 Occupation: Phone operator/bookkeeper Things you love: Being a loser Things you hate: Hate is such an ugly word Favorite -Movie? Ghost -Music? Alanis Morrisette -Hobby? My puppy (Maggie) -TV Show? Law & Order Special victims unit -Workout? R U Kidding or what? -Food? Crystal Light & chicken broth, & peach jello, & protein drink -Animal? Birds, cats, dogs & horses What made you have WLS? To be healthy for myself & my kids Do you regret it? No Would you like to meet other WLS Tennessee Members? Yes Things your can't wait to do once the weight comes off? Go shopping Something your looking forward to? Playing with my kids, animals, & Dan and being able to do the things that I haven't been able to do without getting too tired.
Kathy Newton
on 6/26/04 6:58 pm - LaVergne, TN
Great Idea, Katie. Name: I am Kathy Newton Nick name: Kat age: 29 + 21 years of practice. I refuse to say the F word that follows 49. Birthday: Born in WV on 9/25/53 Location: Live in Bean Station, TN Status: Pre-op Children: 2 grown sons, both are married, the youngest one, Scott for two years, and has my 1st grandson who will be two in August. Waylon is his name. Cute as a button. Phillip married last week. Working on grandchildren every chance they get. Occupation: Not able to work since 1998. Receive SSD per month. I say they pay me to stay out of the work force. LOL Things I love: hmmm my God, family, my dearest friends, ceramics, computer, relaxing, reading, love historical romances, fishing. Things I hate: A cluttered home, especially trying to get around in a wheelchair, idiots, no time for fools. Favorite: Movie---- Three Muskateers Music---- Country, oldies, Christian, easy listening Hobby---- Ceramics TV Show---- CSI, Jag, Mattlock workout----- none at the moment food---- steak and shrimp animal---- my black cat, and shephard WLS?------ Dr. said to lose the weight or die. Do I regret it: Can't say, but if it will allow me to walk again, and out of this wheelchair, how can I regret it. I'll let you know after surgery. Meeting other TN's---- Very much would like to meet them. doing something when the weight comes off:---- being able to get on the floor and play with grandchild/children. Things to look forward too: Raiding my best friends closet. Here's one for you: I am a US Navy Veteran. Served during the Vietnam dispute.
barbak59
on 6/29/04 10:11 am - JOELTON, TN
First I want to ThankYou for your Veteran status. You & many others like you are my heros. Thank you for a job well done. All persons who serve in our armed forces is a hero in my eyes & also Gods eyes. Wow Kathy after reading your response on Katie's getting to know others. I thought we had a lot incommon. Close to same age, both disabled, not able to walk to good, love of God & children, same music, I didn't say steak&shrimp but they are real close to the top of my list along with crab legs. I posted to you earlier today, about your Dr. telling you no. I hope you don't take that as a finial answer & try to get in to see Dr. Richards. I have you in my prayers. Through God all things are possible. Barb
TraumaRN
on 6/26/04 9:35 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Sounds like a plan to me.... Name: Anne Nickname: LOL never had one Age: 42 D.O.B.: 12-12-1961 Location: Covington, TN Status: married Kids: 18,17 and 13 Occupation: Registered Nurse Things that you love: my family, my animals, cool breezy mornings, The Lord, saving lives Things that you hate: two faced people, mean people, losing a patient Favorites: Movie: The Sound of Music and Tornado Music: 60's, 70's and 80's. Hobby: reading and sewing TV Show: The OC Workout: not yet Food: spaghetti Animal: my precious Meghan, she's a yorkie What made you have WLS? Well, I guess it's the fact that in my profession I run, not walk, for 12 hours and it kills my feet, hips and back. Also, my blood pressure has been increasing steadily over the last two years and my thyroid is out of control. I want to be more healthier. I want to be around to hold my grandchildren and play with them. I don't know if I am going to regret it or not yet because surgery is tomorrow morning. I however, don't think I will. Would I meet other WLS members: in a heart beat. You guys are the best. Things I can't wait to do until after the weight is off: I can't wait to walk up the hill to work and not be winded, can't wait to exercise and feel like I"m accomplishing something, can't wait to see my feet, can't wait to bend over and not have to grunt, and yes can't wait for the sex to be better.... Something I"m looking forward to: buying clothes in the regular section of the store instead of for plus sizes.
Linda R.
on 6/27/04 7:25 am - maryville, tn
Anne I'm so excited for you !! I wish you all the best and I'll keep you in my prayers for your surgery . Oh and I was begininng to think I was the only one who was looking forward to better sex... Linda
Bernice B.
on 6/27/04 7:22 am - Camden, TN
I am also new, I thought that this would be a good time to introduce my self. I've been reading this sight since before my surgery. I usually just read. It's time I let you all know who I am.. My name is Bernice Beardsley, My nick name is Jo-Jo. D.O.B. 05-01-70. Location is Camden, Tn. Status, is married for 11 years, and post-op 6 months.. Kids, I've got three. 6years, 9years, and 10 years. Occupation, I'm a CNA, and when I finish school, I'll be an LPN. Things that I love, Going to church, watching my dh laugh, and my kids getting excited about getting something they have wanted. And being able to close a pair of jeans.. Thing I hate, rude people, seeing people neglected, and hearing fat jokes.. Favorite Movie: Grease, Music: Country, Hobby:scrapbooking, quilting, and all crafts.. T.V. show: Oprah.. Workout, I'm a mom.... Food: coffee, coffee, and more coffee...Animals: 25 chickens,3 dogs, and 3 kids.. hehehe. What made me have wls? I wanted to me more of a mother to my kids, A better wife to my dh. And I wanted to be proud of me.. I believe that I'm much better at all.. No regrets.... I would do it again in a second. I would love to meet other wls patients.. I can't wait till I reach goal..130.. I'm looking forward to seeing my mothers face the first time she see's me. And I'm glat to get to know all of you. I'll be reading everyday even if I don't post....
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/27/04 12:28 pm - Crossville, TN
Hi Bernice! Welcome to TN OB Board! It's nice to see your finally posting! When did you have your surgery? How much have you lost? Who was your doctor? Details! Details! Anyways, hope to see you around more often! -Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics