Lets Get To Know Each Other!

ShrinkingKatie
on 6/26/04 1:43 pm - Crossville, TN
I have this werid idea! This whole group as been so wonderful at supporting each other through good or bad but yet we barely know each other! And that really sucks, in my opinion! So... Lets get to know each other! This may be the dumbest idea ever but I wanna know about ya'll, especially if we ever get to meet one weekend! ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Here's a general idea - You can give more information or take out information! It's up to you but atleast give us a general idea of who you are, if you don't mind! Name: Nick Names: Age: Date of Birth: Location: Status: Kids: Occupation: Things you love: Things you hate: Favorite -Movie? -Music? -Hobby? -TV Show? -Workout? -Food? -Animal? What made you have WLS? Do you regret it? Would you like to meet other WLS Tennessee Members? Things your can't wait to do once the weight comes off? Something your looking forward to? Anything someone wants to add?
Candik2
on 6/26/04 2:12 pm - South Central, TN
Name: Candi Nick Names: Candi Age: 31 Date of Birth: 8/17/72 Location: TN Status: Pre-op, waiting for insurance approval (anxiously!!!) Kids: Boy 8 Girl 2 1/2 Occupation: Business Manager for Orthopaedic Surgeon (but hate it & going back to school in December) Things you love: My kids, food (of course) My family Things you hate: Ignorance, rude people. I really hate it when you're talking to someone & they're looking all around the room instead of looking at you & listening, I really hate that. Favorite -Movie? Witches of Eastwick, Running on Empty, Father of the Bride I & II -Music? 70's rock music is fav -Hobby? Reading -TV Show? Was friends but no more now I watch Nip/Tuck & According to Jim -Workout? Not yet, but I know I need to -Food? My favorite food is Fair food, all that greasy, fried food you get at the fair, corn dogs, funnel cakes, YUMMMMMMMMMM, then after that, Chinese. -Animal? Fish, so easy to keep as a pet! LOL What made you have WLS? Because I'm too fat & I've started developing co-morbidities & I knew if I didn't do something drastic I may end up in the grave a little earlier than I want to. Do you regret it? Would you like to meet other WLS Tennessee Members? YES!! Things your can't wait to do once the weight comes off? Wear trendy clothes, ride roller coasters, have my husband look at me & know it's because I look good, dance at a club again (I used to love that, but too much stuff to wiggle around now.) Something your looking forward to? Wearing normal clothes!!!!!!!!!! I like this topic, I love reading about other people & what they like. Good idea! Hope we get to get together soon. Candi
thriftgirl
on 6/26/04 2:16 pm - Nashville, TN
I have been on here only a short while, mostly lurking, but this seems like a perfect way for me to introduce myself to you all...so here goes.... Name: Anne Bachner Nick Names: Annie Age: 36 Date of Birth: 12/11/67 Location: Nashville Status: if you mean marital status: single ..but as far as wls goes....I have approval from insurance and am waiting for a surgery date. (the wait is killing me!) Kids: none Occupation: Flow Cytometry Analyst (a way of looking for cancer, lymphoma, leukemia in blood, bone marrow, and tissue samples) Things you love: sleep, reading, a clean, well organized home, my friends, my doggies, thunderstorms (especially when I can take a nap during one!), red wine...and many more I can't think of right now. Things you hate: insomnia (first had it this week), being fat, judgemental people..... Favorite -Music? lately: Bluegrass -TV Show? Sopranos or Six Feet Under -Workout? Weight lifting (leg workout) -Food? cottage cheese (it's true) -Animal? it's a tie between Freddy and Charlie, my two doggies What made you have WLS? This is way too long an answer....I have PCOS and have been struggling my whole life, as we all have...I might work on this and post more to my profile. Do you regret it? I am sure I won't Would you like to meet other WLS Tennessee Members? Sure! Things your can't wait to do once the weight comes off? I would love to learn to roller blade. Something your looking forward to? Getting into some of the smaller clothes in my closet...one red shirt in particular is calling to me. I am check in everyday here...but rarely post. I think since I am still waiting for a date..it doesn't seem real yet. Anyway...nic eto meet you all! ~Annie
thriftgirl
on 6/26/04 2:19 pm - Nashville, TN
Movies: Oooh! I loved Witches of Eastwick! I didn't list those becuase I couldn't come up with anything...but now: Joy Luck Club, Tootsie, 9 to 5. Best in Show, Run, Lola Run, and sooo many more. I have Netflix and I am addicted to it.
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/26/04 4:41 pm - Crossville, TN
Hi Annie! Welcome to the ObesityHelp Tennessee Board! I'm so glad that you finally decided to post! However, I understand where your coming from - I always lurked on this board until I had my surgery and now that I'm post-op, this place is my new addiction! Anyways, hope to see you around more often! -Katie
Cherry C.
on 6/26/04 2:34 pm - Morristown, TN
Name: Cherry Lynn Cody Nick Names: Maw to my grandchildren and alot of friends. When Adreanna my granddaughter got big enough to talk I wanted her to cll me and DH Mom-maw and Pop-paw because that is what I called one set of my grandparents well she calls us Maw& Paw like Maw and Paw Kettle LOL but hey it's okay. Now half our friends and even my Mom,Dad & sisters call usMaw and Paw half the time! Even our on kids! Age:46 Date of Birth: March 4, 1958 Location: Morristown, Tn. East Tennessee Status:Married and pre-op(did not know which status you meant) Kids:daughter( heart of my heart) Kim 27-Step-son(hate that step word) my boy Jeff 29-daughter Amy (angle 2/10/1980-12/21/82) Occupation: Maw and head bottlewasher Things I love:My Kids, My Grandkids, DH and the look on his face when he got his new Harley!, Still love to hear DH laugh it is one of my favorite things! Love laying in the bed talking to him wind blowing threw the curtains!!!! Shopping!!! Flea Markets Coupons Pedicures Victoria secrets lotion Yankee Candles Killers Pocketbooks Things I hate: Words like step-son, step-daughter., people who lie, rude people, trouble makers Movie: Just can't think of just one! I like Drama and romance Music:Rod Stewert, Motown,Sammy Kershaw, Love different kinds of music(not rap or opera or headbanging) love old time rock and roll Hobby; Rebates, Refunds, Free coupons, High value coupons, Flee markets finds, reading, being a Girl Scout Brownie Volunteer for Adreanna's troop T.V. show: Guardian and NYPD Workout: Bought one of Katies walking DVD's Food: Ice cream, candy,homecooking, heck I like it all! Animal:Taco dogs can't spell LOL and Beagles Pre-op Want to have WLS so I can have a life again! Live longer and be healthy! Oh, yea and Tommy jeans!!! I would love to meet all the Tennesse members on this board!! Things I can't wait to do: Ride my husband's new Harley(but I would never admit that to him or Michelle) lol Go to my grandkids school and not be embrassed(Adreanna 6 and Cooper 2) Shop again without having to sit down! Things I am looking foward to: Going with my family and someone not having to say"wait on Maw"!, Going to the Harley get togethers.,walking in the rain with DH like we use too!!! Shopping the whole Mall without hittting the old peoples bench! Not dreading vacations anymore! Thanks, Katie GREAT Post! Cherry
Cherry C.
on 6/27/04 4:14 pm - Morristown, TN
Wanted to change one thing on things I love: I put killers pocketbooks and I meant "killer" pocketbooks you know like great pocketbooks. I did not want anyone to think I am twisted! lol lol Another thing I am looking foward to is bike rideing! Cherry
Sandie S.
on 6/28/04 3:08 am - Sneedville, TN
Hey Cherry, Haven't been on here in awhile. Where are you now with surgery. I go see my surgeon August 09, Then I'll have to wait to see what insurance has to say. His secretary said it could be as soon as 2 weeks if the Insurance agrees.
barbak59
on 6/26/04 2:53 pm - JOELTON, TN
Katie your so sweet. I had just replied to your other post about your 3mo. wt# loss & said I'd love to meet some of you. I also think you are doing great. Keep it up Name:Barbara Krantz Nickname:Hey honey, hey momma wheres the (just kidding) Age:44 Born Nash, TN Happily Married 20yrs 1 daughter 18yrs ---1 son 12yrs Disabled (secretary) thank goodness for spell ck. I love: God, my handsome husband, my beautiful children, Barbie Dolls, Gingerbread Men., red tractors. The smell of new babies so clean and soft & innacent. (hey you asked) Mothers who let there children run wild or let them wear ****ty clothes,telemarketers,people cussing in public not just S*%# but really ugly words,one size fits all,bullies,when calling a business not being able to talk on the phone to a real person,push 1 if you, push 3 if you, push8 to etc..... Favorite movie: Toy Story ---music: christian & country---- Hobby:collect Barbie's-----Favorite tv show:Days of Our Life--- Workout--no thank you.-----Food: fried breaded porkchops--- Animal: 2 dogs, 2horses ,2cats, 5 fish in that order Having WLS because of health --back & joint pain , can hardly stand or walk must use walker or cane. I think this WLS will save my life. No regrets so far, just getting nervous & very excited. I would love to meet any one from this site. We all have so mu*****ommon. When we say been there done that we really have. I can't wait to be able to walk to the mailbox--take our children to disney land, buying new clothes, haveing energy to clean my home, someday being around to play with grandchilden if I ever have any.(don't want any, any time soon) I'm looking forward to being able to serve God better to spread his word & tell others what he has done for me, looking forward to telling others about my WL journey & maybe help someone else in their journey. looking forward to having a family picture made. Being a better wife & mother. looking forward to being able to control my pain, instead of it controling me. Hope your not sorry you asked. Barb 7/28/04 Lap RNY
thriftgirl
on 6/26/04 3:15 pm - Nashville, TN
Ok. So, Katie...you going to post your answers??
Most Active
Recent Topics