ATTENTION K MART SHOPPERS

goatswife
on 6/25/04 10:37 pm - Nashville, TN
Hi kids, well, for the latest... Went to the sleep Dr to get my results from sleep study. I have significant apnea, over 160 episodes per hr. I have to go back (July 5th) to be fitted for CPAP machine, as the last time I was at the sleep center, my apnea didn't begin until after 3 a.m. The insurance denied me pending getting a letter from my primary Dr. (which I AND my Primary Dr gave Denise at the Center for Morbid Obesity at Centennial) along with a list of my tried and failed diets (again, already given to Denise, and who will be performing the surgery. Is this considered forward progress??? Hugs, Carol
Eva O.
on 6/26/04 12:52 am - Thompson Station, TN
Hello Carol, Sorry about your apnea, i am sure u will be hearing from them very soon. good luck on everything.i can't wait to get started.i have my sleep study on the 30th of this month. Eva
Cherry C.
on 6/26/04 12:57 am - Morristown, TN
Hello, Everyone! I had my first visit with Dr. Hruska Thur. everything went great but I have to go back for another sleep study June 30th because I have to have a CPAC. I hope WLS will be sometime in July! Cherry
Linda R.
on 6/26/04 1:29 am - maryville, tn
Carol it dose seem that for every step forward some take a step back !! I did. But hang in and it will happen. I have severe sleep apnea and was dx 1 yr before I started looking into WLS. I love my C-PAP I no longer wake up with a bad headach and tired. I don't feel as fuzzy in the mornings either. All in all I would say you have made alot of progress !!! Linda
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/26/04 9:51 am - Crossville, TN
Ohhhh I totally understand where your coming from!! If I don't sleep with the machine it feels like I'm goign to bed naked or something!! But its good to finally get a good nights sleep! -Katie
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/26/04 9:45 am - Crossville, TN
Oh the memories - I had my sleep apena tests down like 3 years ago and have been using a CPAP machine every since. They actually had my machine at my house by the end of the next day after my tests. Apparently, they do things differently now - So I really can't give you any advice! But look at the better side of things - your just one more step closer to where you need to be, to have the surgery! Good luck with your journy! You'll be here before you know it! -Katie
TraumaRN
on 6/26/04 3:13 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Carol, Hopefully all the ducks will fall in a row for you this coming week. Sorry about the apnea problem. I wish all the best. Anne
Kathy Newton
on 6/26/04 6:38 pm - LaVergne, TN
Hi Carol, did they mention after the sleep study what level they had to put you on? Mine didn't until I went back for the sleep level test. I am at 15, but my dr. thinks it's higher. Be sure and ask them for an auto CPAP, mine will adjust between 15-17 depending on my sleeping. I have to have it done again as I didn't fall asleep that night. With my son getting married on the 19th, and it was the 16th for the test, I had a lot going on in my brain. They started me out on 10 which is way too low for me to be able to breath, when I'm at 15 right now. The girl said they never had to raise it, of course not, I wasn't asleep. The auto CPAP has a computer chip in it that the home equipment can take out and find out what level I am in without repeating the test over. I'm going to call them on Monday and ask for them to pull my chip and insert a new one. Where did they do yours? I have to go to Morristown for mine, and it won't be done again at Healthstar Physcians on W. Morris Blvd. The bed was the only thing good about the place. It raised up like a hospital bed, so I was able to prop my swollen feet up and still raise my head to breath. I have to use a hospital bed here in my home, my queen size is at my best friends. But I am unable to sleep flat since breaking my hip and pelvic last fall. Good luck with your next test. When I first had it done, I was at level 9, I had quit breathing 469 times in 5 hours. Now at 15-17 I am high risk. God be with You. Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics