Sleep study @ Centennial

barbak59
on 6/23/04 12:58 pm - JOELTON, TN
Hi everyone. I went to the sleep study doc today, it was just an appt. to make an appt. Most of you know how I feel about that. Anyway I don't have a date on the sleepy time night, but I know I'll be at Centennial in Nashville. Did any of you go there for ss? Dr. Mangialardi will be doing my study. Anyone know him? Has anyone heard from Robin, hey Kym have you talked to her? I can't stay on here tonight, DH is fussing about me not coming to bed until midnight. Bless his heart. Both the kids are at church camp the rest of the week. I'll have the pool all to myself, I bought me a paperback to read. I guess I'll have to pretend I'm at the beach. Has anybody got a palm tree I could use or maybe some sand? Good night Barb
Eva O.
on 6/23/04 2:37 pm - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Barbara, I am going to have my sleep study done right here in my home town of Franklin,tn. and i wil be seeing someone at the Cintennial for the nutrition thing as soon as i get a date. Her name is Barbara,that is all i know.I have to go to Clarksville for the psych eval,and that to i have to make an appt. for.I have the sand,would love to go back to Flordia again this year. Hoping i would have this surgery over with in time for our trip in Sept.but don't now i think it will happen.Praying it will. Eva
Kathy Newton
on 6/23/04 6:46 pm - LaVergne, TN
Hi Eva, why go all the way to Clarksville, when Karen Starr is at Vanderbult Hospital for pych evals. Heard she's great, a lot closer, but from what I have read about her, she's like just a friend chatting with you. Those that have seen her, passed the eval. If I can't find another one here that is in the Knoxville or Morristown area, I will see about getting an appointment with her. My first eval, was negative, and the surgeon wants a second opinion. Best of luck to you, Kathy
goatswife
on 6/23/04 7:10 pm - Nashville, TN
Hi Barb, I had my study at Centennial. They were GREAT. I have to go back for a follow up night on the CPAP machine. I know I had concerns about being able to sleep under such cir****tances, but I made darn sure I was sleepy when I got there. I have to have a fan on when I sleep, it's the hum more than the cool air. So, I made SURE I took my fan, as well as got up at 2 a.m the night prior to my study, and stayed up all day the day of... I don't have the same Dr as you do, I have Dr. Mehyu out of the Frisk Center at Centennial. They were wonderful too, courteous and got me in and out FAST. Good Luck G/f and let us know how it went...Hugs, Carol
barbak59
on 6/24/04 7:12 am - JOELTON, TN
Thanks for the info, I'll try my best to be sleepy, reading usually helps me get sleepy. I may take a small fan also. I keep our ceiling fan on winter & summer never cut it off. My Dr. is also with the Frist Center. I really liked him. I heard from them earlier today. They said they had a cancellation for Sunday the 27th. I took it. That will be it except the pre labs & nutrition class. Getting closer & closer Getting more nervous everyday. It's and excited nervous tho. Barb
T H.
on 6/23/04 9:52 pm - NH
Barb, Dr. Mangialardi was my pulmonologist at Centennial when I did pre-op clearance work. He is a very cool guy. Really nice in my opinion. I didn't do my sleep study there (as I had been diagnosed and on a CPAP for a year or more before surgery) but it's really no big deal. The wires and all are kinda a pain but just relax and sleep. The room that I stayed in at my local hospital was like a motel room. I just stayed up good and late a few days before and got up early those days and I was very ready for rest ... They are usually very accomodating to make you feel relaxed, albeit the sand and palm tree is probably a stretch for the staff ...
Most Active
Recent Topics