Support Groups

VickieG
on 6/21/04 10:36 am - Kingston Springs, TN
Hi to all, My name is Vickie. I had WLS Nov 10, 2002. I have lost from 305 to 145. I feel so much better, it is just WONDERFUL. My question: Is there a support group around Nashville. I have moved to Kingston Springs from Mooresville, NC (NASCAR Country HAHA). I really believe in support groups and am looking for one here. Anyone know anything about one? Vickie
thriftgirl
on 6/21/04 2:21 pm - Nashville, TN
The Vanderbilt Center for Human Nutrition has one that meets 2x a month (maybe more, even?). I'm not sure if you need to have been a patient of theirs to attend...surely not...but I really don't know. Here's the website: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vchn&doc=520 They say support groups really help...and I think it's probably true. I have met some neat people at the few I've attended and can see how this can be a real help at all stages of this "journey". hope that helps! ~Annie B
barbak59
on 6/21/04 2:22 pm - JOELTON, TN
Hey Vickie, Congrats on all that wt. loss. How's it feel to be a loser? Welcome to Cheatham Co. I guess you live in this co. if your living in Kingston Springs. I live north or Ashland City over by I24. off of 41A North The only support group that I have been to, is at Vanderbilt Med. they meet twice a month 1st and 3rd tues. of the month. next meet will be July 6 from 4:30pm---5:30pm It is right off of 21st Ave.@ the 901 Oxford House, this is not in the hospital, it is beside it. Ck out the web www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/vchn it should give you enough info. I'm sure there are other meetings, thats just the one I go to. Barb 7/28/04
thriftgirl
on 6/21/04 2:27 pm - Nashville, TN
Barb, Do I know you (or vice/versa?) I've only been to a few of the support group meetings....and this is my first time posting here. I emailed my picture a bit ago and it should be posted soon.... I am short with curly black hair and (surprise, surprise) am overweight. ~Annie
barbak59
on 6/22/04 11:33 am - JOELTON, TN
Hi Annie I tried to post this earlier but I may have sent it to Vickie by mistake. Then again my PC is acting so crazy, sometimes it lets me in other times it wont. You haven't had surgery yet? Were you the lady worried about your ins. & everyone was telling you to call them everyday but just be nice & persistant? There was also a nice curly headed lady sitting across from me at the end of the table. She was post-op 6weeks. Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics