How did you feel the day before surgery?

msrob68
on 6/17/04 11:47 am - Hampshire, TN
I was just wondering about the realm of feelings most of you have gone thru when you were getting ready the day before your surgery... I am getting so nervous and excited all in one.... I dont know how well I am going to I just want to up and down.. I am so exctied..... am I or is all of this normal... Robin
T H.
on 6/17/04 10:45 pm - NH
Robin, It's normal from what I can tell. As for me personally, I sorta found a "zen like" place that I had resolved myself to prior to surgery so I was not anxious at all. I arrived very calm and followed the instructions and jkoke and had a good time. I even dropped off to sleep while they we still "prepping me" in the surgical prep room. I woke up briefly when moved to the perating room to seen my anesthesiologist and then bam, lights out ... It's all normal to be excited and nervous but don;t let the anxiety take over. Just realize that you have researched and prepared for this. My doctor's provided a book that outlined exactly what would happen to me so I knew everything that would happen to me and that helped me a great deal to not worry about the unknown. Best of luck!
tinyTNgirl
on 6/18/04 8:56 am - TN
Hi Robin. I started getting the gitters the entire week before surgery. I dont recall ever debating backing out, I was just worried that something would go wrong. I was pretty calm the morning of surgery, and once I was back in the OR, a wonderful feeling of peace came over me and some how I just knew things were going to work out. Its normal to feel a wide range of emotions. Just keep focused on the positives and you'll do fine. We're all pulling for ya! God bless!!! Melanie
Most Active
Recent Topics