New To Group

rdt1130
on 6/16/04 9:18 pm - Bristol, TN
Hey guys, I have posted once or twice on the main board but I am new tothis group, My name is Rebecca and I am scheduled for surgery on July 2nd in Johnson City, I am so excited but I am getting nervous as well, I swear it consumes my every thought, I think about it as soon as I wake up and last thing before I go to bed, were you all like this as well????, it has been a long wait for me and Im so close I see there is alot of support here and that is wonderful, my husband is great and supports me so much but he has never been overweight and can only understand so much. I just want to say thank you all so much.... Rebecca surgery scheduled 7/2/04
tinyTNgirl
on 6/16/04 10:41 pm - TN
Hiya Rebecca and welcome to the TN OH family. We're thrilled you've joined us. Congratulations on your rebirthday. It will be here before you know it. I would imagine everyone will tell you, yes we were definately just like you with the mixed emotions. You get totally excited about making such a wonderful change in your life, and you get scared because of the risk. Its very normal!! We all did that. I ate slept and breathed wls before it got here, now that its past its all about food and what i'm eating. I think its good to be so aware. To me I just felt very prepared. I'm very glad to hear your husband is supportive of your decision. Thats so important in a marriage. Again, welcome. We're glad to have you. Please keep us posted as your progress in your journey! May God grant you an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery! God bless! Melanie
Laura H.
on 6/17/04 12:36 am - Memphis, TN
Welcome!! I too am consumed with surgery thoughts and don't even have a date yet - still doing medically supervised diet!! I hope that you find great support here!! Laura
Beckey D.
on 6/17/04 1:50 am - Sale Creek, TN
Hi Rebecca, I totally understand how you feel. I was completely consumed by the WLS information and my goals and such. I too had surgery in JC with Dr. Scot****son. Had a textbook surgery and recovery (even though now I have to have my gallbladder out and stoma dilated). I am 4 months out and have lost 74lbs and I feel FANTASTIC. Am I still consumed? YEP. I feel so selfish at times then I remember how it was ALWAYS about other people and things before surgery. Now it IS about me and it's time I did something to enhance MY life. Not to the exclusion of others but at least now I feel I am WORTH something. As to thinking constantly about the surgery....I think you HAVE to. You have to know in your heart that it is what is right and you have to be planning on how to make yourself successful. After surgery you'll probably find you are consumed by making that success a reality. That's a GOOD think. Makes the tool successful for you for a long long time I believe. Again, this could all be selfish talk... Hugs, Beckey
Eva O.
on 6/17/04 2:48 am - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Rebecca, I too am just starting this journey,and so excited about it all and having feelings of nervousness some about the surgery it self but it will all pass i am sure for you and me and all the others before us.I have my sleep stude appt. for june30th and still waiting for the others to be made.Just knowing all this is about to happen is very very wonderfully.The prople here are very supportive and loving. Eva
barbak59
on 6/17/04 3:15 am - JOELTON, TN
Welcome to the TN board we are happy to have you. Congrats on your surgery date. Wow, its almost here. 14days. My date is 7/28 just (41days) our numbers are just backwards. By the time I have WLS you'll be 2weeks out. I bet you'll loose 25# before I ever get started. I am also obsessed, I can hardly think of anything else. I am driving my poor supportive family looney. Nervous & excited. Does that about cover it? Wishing you nothing but the Best of LuckBarb
kymt
on 6/17/04 3:26 am - nashville, TN
hello and welcome your date is coming up fast . i havent had my surgery yet but i can tell you im feeling the same way you are.but i think my best friend is tried of hearing about it lol the only one that has not got tired if it so far is my mom lol she is soooo excited like its her getting it done lol. CONGRATS on your date
TraumaRN
on 6/17/04 4:49 am - COVINGTON, TN
Welcome to our group. Congratulations on your surgery date. This is all so exciting isn't it??!!!! I know that as my date is getting closer I am getting nervous. Mostly about anesthesia.....and getting in my protein. Best of luck to you and God Bless you. Anne
wannabe an 8.
on 6/17/04 9:34 am - knoxville, TN
Rebecca Welcome you and i have the same dr. i had my 2nd appt today
rdt1130
on 6/17/04 10:14 am - Bristol, TN
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and words of support..Im so excited I can hardly stand it I go for my preop tomorrow, one step closer YEAH!!!! Rebecca
Most Active
Recent Topics