It sure does take courage...

Melissa D.
on 6/16/04 2:04 pm - North Nashville, TN
Hi everyone, I've been researching WLS for a LONG time. I've seriously been researching it for 1 1/2 years. I finally called to get the packet to fill out from Centennial. (I went to a seminar in May, 2003) I just wanted to thank everyone here for their posts, for their courage, and for their decision to take such an important step to improve their lives and their health. You all are an inspiration. I have a good friend that had WLS not too long ago. He has been a big advocate for me following through with this surgery. He's not letting my fears/insecurities get the best of me. Even though he's a pain sometimes I really appreciate him! Please send up happy thoughts for me. Smooches, Melissa
barbak59
on 6/16/04 3:44 pm - JOELTON, TN
Welcome Nothing but happy thoughts and well wishes. Barbara
T H.
on 6/16/04 9:14 pm - NH
I am pretty sure that I am the "pain in the backside" to which you are referring! You know I am excited for ya!!! And sending you positive karma I can muster ...
tinyTNgirl
on 6/16/04 10:37 pm - TN
Congratulations, Melissa, on your big decision! I'm so happy you've decided to take that first step. Or is it the second step since you've been to the seminar lol. Dr. Houston did my surgery 3 wks ago. Hes a great person and their whole group is terrific. Centennial is a great hospital too. You're lucky to have a wls friend to keep a firm hand on your back pushing you forward. I didnt have that. All my coworkers were against me having the surgery since i'm a so called lightweight. At 247 I sure didnt feel light. Anyway, now that its done everyone asks questions all day long. They all take turns telling me how they can see the weight loss in my face and belly. Anyway, lol, i'm happy for you. Please know you're in my prayers, and if theres anything I can do to help just let me know. God bless! Melanie
Eva O.
on 6/17/04 2:56 am - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Melissa, It is great to have you here and congrats!!!!!!!!! on your deceison and welcome i know it is a life changing decesion but it is all for the better for all of us.please call on us if we can help.My thoughts and prayers are with you. Eva
TraumaRN
on 6/17/04 4:44 am - COVINGTON, TN
Welcome to our journey. I hope that yours is a smooth one.
Cherry C.
on 6/17/04 5:33 am - Morristown, TN
Melissa, Welcome to the club!! I read the post you wrote to me about giving advice! Loved it! You got to do what you got to do ! I am so glad you have decided to start your journey! Please keep us updated! Don't be a stranger! Cherry
Candik2
on 6/20/04 1:20 pm - South Central, TN
Hey Melissa, I know this post is a few days late, but my puters always on the blink. I think you are very brave to consider this as an alternative, it's a huge step that we've all decided to take. I'm glad you have someone close to you who you can lean on & keep an eye on, it'll really help. Which surgeon have you decided on? I went to the seminar w/Dr. Houston & I really liked him a lot, he seemed really confident, a little ****y, but I like that in a surgeon, shows his confidence. Keep us updated on your journey! TTYS Candi
Most Active
Recent Topics