Obesity Walk

tinyTNgirl
on 6/16/04 1:07 pm - TN
Katie, I talked to Dr. Houston tonight and asked him about the obesity walk. He did say that its a fund raising event. He didnt know about walking as a team. He suggested I talk to Debbie, as shes one of the coordinators. I'll call her tomorrow for details. Everyone, the walk is in Nashville, I do believe, and its in September. I hope you all will join in. Its a great cause as we all painfully know and the exercise wont hurt us lol. If anyone wants to carpool let me know. I hope the media covers it! God bless! Melanie
barbak59
on 6/16/04 3:41 pm - JOELTON, TN
I doubt I'll be able to walk it this year (gotta have hip replacement after WLS) but I would love to come and see everyone. I could sit on the sidelines and cheer you guys on. It is scheduled for 9/18/04. The national coordinator works in Nashville in the bariatric field, he is a post op patient I think several of the committee members are post op patients. I don't have any names. I got this info at my last support meeting. Barb
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/16/04 4:40 pm - Crossville, TN
That's cool Mellie! But from the actually site - it shows 3 walks. One in Chattanooga, Nashville, and Memphis. It should be alot of fun!
msrob68
on 6/16/04 9:09 pm - Hampshire, TN
I went to the site and pulled up the registration and its 25.00 due by the 1st of September... I want to do it... Hopefully I will be able to do it.. I should almost be 3 months out from surgery... I hope we can all get together and see each other at the walk!!! I am really excited... And also you have other people sponsor you for 10.00 a piece and give that money to go for the walk... Hope to see you there... Robin
Eva O.
on 6/17/04 3:04 am - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Melanie, wow that sounds really great, i would love to get together and meet everyone and do some good at the same time.I am sure we all need a little excerice right.Thanks for all the info guys i will try to be thier ok.(My knee premitting) that is, i am having a little trouble with right now but hope it will be resolved before that time. love ya Eva
TraumaRN
on 6/17/04 4:42 am - COVINGTON, TN
Let me know when....I should be ready to walk longer distances by then. I'm gonna gradually work myself up and I can also add a trip to Murfreesboro to see my daughter. Anne
Most Active
Recent Topics