What a day!

tinyTNgirl
on 6/16/04 1:04 pm - TN
Hi family! Man i've had a day. This morning while pulling into the parking lot at work I sneezed twice and got severe pains in my left side. It has continued to hurt all day/night. Then at lunch I ate fish, about half way through I got nausous and couldnt finish. Stayed sick to my stomach all afternoon. Tonight, ate grilled chicken, got sick again. I put a call in to Holly at Doc Houston's this afternoon, and he called me earlier tonight. I was worried the sneezes had torn something and thats why I was getting sick. He gave me the working over for eating lol. I'm in the pureed stage, and chew VERY thoroughly, but he says i'm just not ready for food. So back to liquids I go for a couple of days, then to PUREED. Its odd that I ate the same foods days ago without incidence, and today they messed me up lol. As for the pain in my left side, he says its normal as thats where the most work is done during surgery and the pain will go away. I was glad to hear that. I'm 3 wks PO and have lost about 23 lbs. I wi**** were more, but I have to be happy with it! Ok, i'm off the soap box lol. Hope you all had a great day! Love you guys and God bless! Melanie
barbak59
on 6/16/04 3:23 pm - JOELTON, TN
Sorry you had a bad day. Hope your feeling a little better after talking to the doc. I can't believe you were eating already Wt loss is good. Keep it going Barb
T H.
on 6/16/04 9:06 pm - NH
Sorry you were ... Sounds like you advanced yourself on your dietary plan. Although you are chewing thoroughly, are you making the meal last 30 minutes? The reasoning behind the pureed stage (of which I ate the "soft foods" on the list like soft scrambled eggs as I don;t like to blend, although I did with Tuna) is that essentially you are still in a big healing phase and consuming regular foods can aggravate the pouch I'm sure. I experienced some sickness from food being "stuck" because I ate too fast or did not chew well enough and it lasts several hours for me (so I try to avoid doing that!). You might have just angered the new little "pouch gremlin" and so it's fighting back. Glad you spoke to your doctor and hopefully you'll be right as rain in no time. I think that often as we begin to feel better (and we both had no real post complications) we think we can reassume more normal stuff but I suppose we all have to think that we are still recovering to a large degree. Hang in there ...
Eva O.
on 6/17/04 3:15 am - Thompson Station, TN
Ha Melanie, i am sorry to hear you are feeling bad hope you feel better soon i was getting worried i didn't see you posting thier for a few days last week i thing.well glad to see you and it might be a good to stay on the liuqids for a while longer sweetie love ya Eva
TraumaRN
on 6/17/04 4:40 am - COVINGTON, TN
Sorry that you've had problems Melanie. I hope that the pureed stuff helps. Dr. McGrath says I have to do the pureed stuff for the first 6 weeks. But am only going to do the liquids for a week or so. All doctors are different. Hope this fixes the problem. Anne
Most Active
Recent Topics