New to Local Board

angelt1us
on 6/15/04 4:05 pm - Sparta, TN
Cindy, I have BCBS of Alabama, every policy is different but what I thought to be helpful was to just call them at least once a week. There was a mix up with my file and it was sent to the wrong department so it took them a little longer than normal on mine. Don't give up and be persistant with them. My motto was they will approve me on their own or I will bug them to they do. Good luck to you and I hope you have a speedy approval. Tonya
tinyTNgirl
on 6/15/04 10:47 pm - TN
Hiya Cindy and welcome to the TN OH family! We're delighted to have you with us. I have bcbs federal and knock wood *knock knock* I haven't had any problems. Each plan is different and insurance companies are famous for dragging not only feet but entire legs. Hang in there hon, things will work out! God bless! Melanie
dude198824
on 6/15/04 11:03 pm - Nashville, TN
Thanks to everyone for the welcome. Someone asked what hospital and if I ever get approved, it will be Summitt or Baptist, those are the two I will have to choose from. This is a frustruating process. I gave them everything they asked for and they are still dragging but we will see. I appreciate all the encouragement!
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/15/04 11:23 pm - Crossville, TN
Hi Cindy! Welcome to the OH TN Board!!! I don't have BCBS, so I can't help you there but I do wish you the best of luck with your journey! Just keep your head up - Insurance companies seem to be giving a hard time lately when it comes to this surgery. Such a shame but then again so many people are abusing this surgery and having it before even trying to loss weight on there own - So I can understand where there coming from. Good luck and keep us posted! -Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics