New to Local Board

dude198824
on 6/15/04 6:17 am - Nashville, TN
Hey Guys...I am new to this board but have posted frequently lately to the main board. I have a question though.....does anyone here have BCBS? I have it and my surgeon sent some requested records to BC for the second time on May 21. BCBS still has no decision as of today about whether or not I am approved. This is the second time we had to send records, the first had my records from a nutrition center, the second contained the morbidly obese for five years history they were requesting...what in the world can the delay be now? Does anyone know about how long it usually takes after you send them whatthey asked for to get approved/have it considered? I read the posts here every day and thanks for all your help!
barbak59
on 6/15/04 7:52 am - JOELTON, TN
Welcome Cindy, I like this board so very much, the main board is way to busy for me to keep up with. This is more personal, just home folks I guess. I don't have BCBS. I would think as soon as they recieved all the info and looked it over good , it shouldn't take over 3weeks. Now thats if they do receive all the info, Like I said I don't have BCBS hopefully someone else does and will answer for you. I just wanted to welcome ya My surgery will be 7/28/04 @ Vanderbilt I started this journey 11/03. Excited and nervous Good Luck Barb 7/28/04
jrbartlett
on 6/15/04 9:34 am - Arlington, TN
first welcome to the boards. now dont be a straner! secondly yes I have BCBS.... you can read all about my trials and tribulatoins on my profile. If you run into trouble and htink I can be of asistance just holler.
rmeeks
on 6/15/04 11:21 am - Nashville, TN
Hi Cindy, Welcome to the Tennessee Board! I too do not have BCBS. But, I will tell you something that I found very beneficial. Call the insurance company at least once per week. I spoke to one particular lady every time I called. She was so helpful and even told me when I had been approved, even though I had to wait on the official letter in the mail. Hope this helps! Richard Meeks Lap GBP 6/7/04
tinyTNgirl
on 6/15/04 10:45 pm - TN
Sorry for the hijack! Richard, how are you bud? How's your recovery coming along? Gimme all the details! LOL God bless! Melanie
TraumaRN
on 6/15/04 11:51 am - COVINGTON, TN
I have BC/BS Cindy and was approved in three days. I would keep calling them and ask what the hold up is. I was told they aren't supposed to take any longer than 7-14 buisness days to let you know if you're approved or not. Anne
kymt
on 6/15/04 11:59 am - nashville, TN
hello and welcome im in nashville also what hospital are u going to?
Cherry C.
on 6/15/04 1:03 pm - Morristown, TN
Cindy, Welcome to the Tennessee board! Glad to meet you! Please keep us up dated on your journey. Cherry
Eva O.
on 6/15/04 1:55 pm - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Cindy, welcome,were just so glad to have ya!!!!!!!!!! here with us.thier are a lot of people on this board that can help i am sure.i am just starting my journey to.Good luck with your insurance. Eva
Candik2
on 6/15/04 2:47 pm - South Central, TN
I think every policy is different & requires different things for approval. I agree w/the person that just said call them once a week, that's going to be my strategy. BTW I do have BCBS, but I am going for the lapband & it's different from the RNY, I know my insurance covers & approves that. But other than that welcome to the TN board, hope to "see" you around more often! Candi
Most Active
Recent Topics