Sleep study questions

goatswife
on 6/13/04 8:37 pm - Nashville, TN
Hi kids!! I'm having my sleep study tomorrow night,, and was wonderingfrom all my roomies that have had it, if there's any advice you can give me to help it go without a hitch...I'm concernedthat I won't be able to sleep in the strange surroundings with wires hooked up to me like the bride of Frankenstein...ANY SUGGESTIONS??? Hugs, Carol
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/13/04 11:48 pm - Crossville, TN
My only suggestion would be -- Try to be really tired and ready to sleep, dispite having all those wires on you. You should get your own personal room, full size bed, bathroom, TV - Just like a hotel room. Atleast when I had mine it was like that. Good luck!
jrbartlett
on 6/15/04 9:29 am - Arlington, TN
nope no tv , no bathroom nada when I did it, felt like I was bored out of my mind. best to go in already tired for sure. I took my own pillows and that helped.
kymt
on 6/14/04 5:50 am - nashville, TN
good question because im having mine tonight and was kind of wondering the same thing.
goatswife
on 6/14/04 6:22 am - Nashville, TN
Kym, You and I seem to follow each other LOL...Do you work for the State, You look awfully familiar to me...Carol
kymt
on 6/14/04 6:24 am - nashville, TN
no i dont work for the state but there is no telling where u may have seen me lol.
Cindy C.
on 6/14/04 6:12 am - Clarksville, TN
Hi Carol.....I have actually had 2 sleep studies...one in 2000 and again this year. The best advise I can give is do not have anything with caffeine and try to be extra tired. I had a private room with a huge bed, own bathroom, tv and chair. Good luck, Cindy
barbak59
on 6/14/04 8:07 am - JOELTON, TN
HI, Carol HI, Kym--I don't know about you guys, but I want my study done where they did. King size bed all to yourself . Alright I'm in. My study isn't until the 23rd. that's my appt date anyway. I just hope they don't try to put my fat ____ in a twin bed & I better not have a hard mattress either. I'm taking my own pillow & surcurtiy blanket I hope they let me use it, I've heard some people were givin sleeping pills. Well good luck guys. Sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite. Kym let us know how it goes. Barb 7/28/04
kymt
on 6/15/04 12:35 pm - nashville, TN
they had a big nice bed where i went but i didnt get much sleep i was so tired when i got home but couldnt go to sleep had a appt to see my pcp.the wires where not that bad if u dont move around alot which i do lol.but the nose tub like thing wasnt that bad.i was told to try and sleep on my back which was hard for me to do because im a side sleeper. i wish i could have had a sleeping pill it would have helped alot.i have to go back because now i have to get one of those cpap i think is what its called lol things.but mine was in a hotel room which was very very nice.
Most Active
Recent Topics