a few questions

iswinky1
on 6/13/04 10:41 am - Bowling Green, KY
I am going to a seminar at the end of june to hear more about the surgery and to meet Dr. Houston. Dr. Dyer, and Dr. Olsen. I have BCBS and just wanted some feedback on how long it took between seminar and appointment and surgery. If you are one of thier patients I would love to hear from You or if you have BCBS. My Mom had the surgery done in 2002 and she has lost 200 lbs. I really liked her doctor but he quit doing the surgery due to the cost of liability insurance. He is a general surgeon. I am also 200 lbs overweight and I am ready to start my life.
rmeeks
on 6/13/04 10:45 am - Nashville, TN
Hi Jennifer, I can only speak to one part of your question. I had the lap gastric bypass on June 7, 2004. I did go to Dr Houston. He is the greatest. He told me that he always tried to schedule procedures within 2 weeks of the time that the procedure has been approved by insurance. This was true in my case. If you have any more questions about Dr Houston, please let me know. Richard Meeks
TraumaRN
on 6/13/04 12:54 pm - COVINGTON, TN
I have BC/BS and it took 3 days for approval. Hope this helps. Best of luck to you in your journey.
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/13/04 1:52 pm - Crossville, TN
I don't know anything about those doctors but I've heard through the grapevines, there all very good doctors. They also have a website.... http://www.johnhustedmd.com/index.htm Good luck with your weight loss journey! -Katie
First M.
on 6/13/04 2:28 pm - Halls, TN
Hi, I am using Dr Houston for my surgery. I have had my initial consult with him and he is very thorough. He usually waits for approval before scheduling the first consult but I had to have my pysch eval before submitting to ins and I drive 183 miles one way to Nashville so I got to see him on the same day. He said as soon as we get approval a surgery date will be scheduled. He also spoke at the seminar I attended. I went to a seminar at another place in 2001 and it was nothing compared to the seminar with Dr Houston. The seminar is VERY informative. I have a friend that used Dr Olsen and she is very pleased with her experience.
goatswife
on 6/13/04 8:30 pm - Nashville, TN
Jennifer, I am going to the same Dr.s as the ones you're considering , and I have BCBS PPO. I went their seminar in February, and it's June, and I'm still waiting LOL...It all depends on your situation, and everyones situation is different. You might be one of the ones that gets everything in the right place at the right time, and BAM, you're on the losers bench before you know it...OR, you might be like the majority of us, and in for a lot of hoop jumping, and long waits (which really aren't that long, unless your the one doing the waiting) Also, I wanted to add, a lot of people get them confused, The link that was given to you in a previous post for Dr. Husted is NOT the Dr associated with the Center for Morbid Obesity at Centennial with Dr.s Dyer, Olsen, and Houston...Just an FYI thing in case you're still researching Dr.s, I didn't want you to get the two confused, there names are so much alike... I hope my babbling has helped you in some way...Hugs, Carol
tinyTNgirl
on 6/14/04 12:58 pm - TN
Hi Jennifer. I am three weeks post op tomorrow, and Dr. Houston did my surgery. I also have BCBS, but its federal as my dh works at the post office. I went to the seminar on April 27th, saw Dr. Houston on the 29th and got a surgery date that day of May 26th. It did get moved up one day to the 25th. Dr. Houston and his staff are incredible. I HIGHLY recommend him. There are others on this board who have used this group of physicians and i'm sure they will agree with me. Best of luck to you sweetie! God bless! Melanie
iswinky1
on 6/14/04 3:51 pm - Bowling Green, KY
Thanks for all the info. It is much appreciated. Know that you are all thought of and prayed for.
Most Active
Recent Topics