dietary question????

Sarah B.
on 6/13/04 4:21 am - Murfreesboro, TN
I am 10 weeks post op. Can we eat flour on this diet? I baked some chicken with some flour on it and my daughter said it would cause dumping because of all the sugar in the flour. True or false?????
iswinky1
on 6/13/04 10:46 am - Bowling Green, KY
My Mom had wls and she eats things cooked with flour with no problems. She gets dumping syndrome easily and hasn't had a reaction to flour. I hope this helps.
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/13/04 2:00 pm - Crossville, TN
Now, I don't want to be mean but why add flour to your chicken? That's just added calories - Flour is a carb, which is full of calories and will make you loss weight slower. However, I'm not the one to say "Oh, you shouldn't eat carbs... blah blah blah" but I also wouldn't waste calories on something like that. We had this surgery to learn a new lifestyle, which is suppose to be a healthier one. Just my opinion. Although, everyone is different when it comes to dumping - It's all about trail and error. Good luck!
DixieFlower
on 6/14/04 3:36 pm - Chattanooga, TN
The last time I checked flour didn't have sugar in it. It is made from ground grains. I could be wrong. Also I personally don't see a problem with it being used as long as you are able to get your protien and other nutrients in. I mean heck my surgeon and dietician both have even said "IF" I have room after Ive gotten the things in that I need I can have starch. Of course Im usually full with just getting in what I need. Im still barely able to eat 3 oz of solids at meals.
Most Active
Recent Topics