HELP!!! Post-ops and Pre-ops.....

ShrinkingKatie
on 6/13/04 1:33 pm - Crossville, TN
Hi Cherry! Very good questions. Everyone had some great ideas but I need to add something to the list! PHONE CARD with LOTS of minutes & A list of phone numbers that you'll need. I suggest making a list because you never know who will be hte person making the phone call, know what I mean? I do recommend taking to the hospital... Slippers (easy to slip on and off) Chap Stick (very dry lips afterwords) Phone card with a list of numbers Book, Handheld game, or crossword/word circle book - something to keep your mind of the pain and surgery. Pads/Tampons - It seems alot of women start there period the day of surgery or afterwords, but usually only lasts a day or so. My recommend for buying before surgery... Sugar Free Jello - All flavors, your taste buds change alot. Crystal Light - All different flavors Sugar Free Kool-Aid Water - Unless you drink from the sink. Sugar Free Popsicles - This is a MUST, you'll understand later. Since we have the same doctor - I'm gonna give you the list of foods, that they say we can eat when we get home.... Clear Liquid Diet - Water Ice tea Juice (Cranberry, Grape, Apple) - Becareful here because juices have sugar. Broth (Beef or Chicken) Sugar free Jello Sugar Free Popsicles Coffee Crystal Light Sugar Free Kool-aid Sugar Free Lemonade (Minute Maid LIGHT lemonade is very good!) Full Liquid Diet - Everything in the above category No sugar added Carnation Instant Breakfast with SKIM MILK Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Baby Cereal Cream of Wheat, Farina, or Grits Skim Milk, if able to tolerate Yogurt without fruit (sugar free, low fat) - try the wal-mart or kroger light Sugar Free Pudding - I never did the whole pudding thing, seemed like wasted calories. Sugar Free Sherbet - Try Wal-mart for this, there really good! Vegetable Juice (V8) Creamed soups strained Substitue butters such as Molly McButter - I never used butter, so I never wasted money on this. NO CARBONATION BEVERAGES in any of the above stages. Anyhow, if you have anymore question - Just let me know! Good Luck, Katie
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/13/04 1:46 pm - Crossville, TN
Crap! I forgot 2 things... Chewable vitamins - You can get sugar free ones at Wal-mart! Tums with extra calcium, also comes in sugar free. (This is what Dr. Hruska told me to buy) One more thing that I totally recommend is buying the DVD's for "Walk Away The Pounds" - It's very easy to do especially right out of surgery. I recommend the same thing to William and he seems to like them also. I'm already up to a mile in half, going on 2 miles if I ever wake up early enough to do it! LOL! Here's the link to buy them - There way cheaper at Barns and Noble then at Wal-mart or Target. $20 bucks instead of $35 - Not a bad deal, huh? I ended up getting a book and free shipping for free because I bought them online instead! Gosh, I love shopping! LOL! http://video.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=dqK3CJBxlS&EAN=18713813145&FRM=0&itm=5 Whoo - There even cheaper! $14 bucks for 2 dvds/3 workouts! Hope all this helps you a bit! -Katie
Cherry C.
on 6/13/04 2:11 pm - Morristown, TN
Katie, You are a total sweetheart! I really needed the list for after the hospital and you have given me some GREAT advice. I am going to buy the DVD's right now and also order something I can read in the hospital. PLEASE send me your password so I can see your pictures! Thanks so much! Cherry
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/13/04 11:52 pm - Crossville, TN
Cherry, Don't you have Dr. Hruska in Clarksville? And are you having OPEN RYN? By the way, I'll e-mail you my username/password to get in to the pictures - I was just in the middle of re-doing my site! -Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics