HELP!!! Post-ops and Pre-ops.....

Cherry C.
on 6/13/04 4:02 am - Morristown, TN
Post-ops and pre-ops! Please give us your list for things we will need at home after WLS. I am ready to start my list and I need some good ideas from all of you. I am sure this list would be useful to everyone preparing for WLS. Thanks in advance and please list away! Cherry
barbak59
on 6/13/04 4:20 am - JOELTON, TN
I would like that info too. Man, Cherry you and Michelle ask some great ? no wonder your buddies. Have a great day. Barb 7/28/04
Cherry C.
on 6/13/04 4:52 am - Morristown, TN
Thanks, Barb! We live for this WLS like everyone on this board! That is all either one of us can think about or talk about! Cherry
wannabe an 8.
on 6/13/04 5:45 am - knoxville, TN
Hey Barb, Cherry is right...Man my hubby is so tired od listening to me about this surgery. If he only wouls think about how much more it will be after the surgery. And i want to get as much info before hand as i can. So everything i think of. I ask.. I dont care if it sounds silly or crazy I ask anywasy cause i know i am not the onnly one wanting to know or the only one who has ever thought of that question. Sometime i will post my question on the main board too!!
wannabe an 8.
on 6/13/04 5:46 am - knoxville, TN
Cherry!!!!! I heard take a wooden spoon or tongs to the hospital for places you cant reach after surgery (because of soreness) I have some books from clevland bariatric center my cousin sent down too me. He has lost 145 pounds. These books have great info.. So anyway it gives a list of stuff.. remind me to tell you. anyway the list reads A pillow from home pads in case of menstral cycle chap stick cooking tongs or wodden spoon robe for walking in hallways non skid slippers 2-4 pair of loose fitting underwear for after the cathater change of loose fitting clothes to go home in.. So there you have it. c-ya Michelle
Cherry C.
on 6/13/04 8:21 am - Morristown, TN
Michelle, Great list!! I also want to know a list of things that we will need when we come home from the hospital. Talk to you soon! Cherry
TraumaRN
on 6/13/04 12:49 pm - COVINGTON, TN
OK...I'm game...I gotta ask Michelle why the cooking tongs or wooden spoon?????? I'm racking my brain.....is it to reach stuff or to bang on the side rails to get the nurse...giggle giggle
wannabe an 8.
on 6/13/04 10:03 pm - knoxville, TN
Yep Anne, You guessed it!!! For those hard to reach places after the surgery you may be too sore to reach. Yep too much info i know.. People on the main board swear by them. Several places list this item in their things to bring.
tinyTNgirl
on 6/13/04 9:52 am - TN
Hiya Cherry berry! I'll have to say, most of the things I took with me never left my bag. Dh and I bought a nice robe for walking the halls.... never used it. They put a big gown over me to cover the backside, which was easier than a robe because of the iv's. The gowns unsnap at the shoulders and go right on/off. I took socks but never wore any. The one valuable thing I had was tampons (sorry guys) because I started the day after surgery, even though I had just had a cycle the week before surgery. The hospital really has everything, except for slippers, that you need. I did enjoy hand held games that my dh brought me. The hospital has toothpaste and brushes, combs, kleenex, soap, everything you need. Someone had advised me to take tongs for cleaning yourself after using the restroom but I had no need. It wasnt difficult to do that on my own lol. As for the protein drinks, they provide that too. In a nutshell, I needed tampax, slippers, and clothes to go home in. That was it. Hope this helps! God bless hon! Mel
rmeeks
on 6/13/04 10:48 am - Nashville, TN
Agree with Melanie. The majority of my stuff that I carried to the hospital never left my bag either. I did use my own toothpaste, comb and deoterant. Really, the only thing that was critical to bring was my own pillow and slippers. Richard Meeks
Most Active
Recent Topics