My Nurologist didn't recognize me!!!

DixieFlower
on 6/10/04 10:32 am - Chattanooga, TN
Under normal cir****tances I would have been a bit upset, but in this one I was tickled. This doctor is at the sleep center and has been behind me 100% on the surgery. He has always remembered who I was and that I was having surgery done. Well today his nurse takes me back weighs me and does the bp thing. Well he walks in and goes hi, hmmmmm you don't have the machine yet? (cpap which by the way I have had and have been using since mid Dec.) I told him yes I have the machine. He asks the normal questions like am I using it every night, am I feeling refeshed when I wake up etc... I'm thinking hmmm he is talking to me like this is our first visit. Then he proceeds to tell me I need to lose weight. I look at him and tell him that I have lost weight that I had RNY surgery in March and that the last time I was at his office I was 360 something at his office today the scale said 313 . So at that point he starts looking through my charts. He does the math and from the first visit at his office till today I have lost 56 lbs. He then goes "no wonder I didn't remember you!" He tells me that Ive done well and he wants to see me back in 6 months on the way to the receptionist he tells everyone on the way that Im his best patient and his "postergirl". I felt so good leaving there I don't think Ive ever left a Doctor's office with such a big grin. I mean hey if losing weight means ppl might not recognize me hehe Im all for it. I just had to share. *huggles*
jrbartlett
on 6/10/04 11:16 am - Arlington, TN
that was great augusta. and well worth repeating. thanks for th eupdate. keep up the great work.
TraumaRN
on 6/10/04 12:56 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Congratulations to you Augusta. You are doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work.
Candik2
on 6/10/04 2:08 pm - South Central, TN
That's funny, it'll probably get worse too. One of the ladies I met on here said that after she'd lost all her weight she would see friends of hers like in the mall & even they didn't recognize her & I have to say her before & after doesn't even look like the same person so I can totally understand. Here's to more people not knowing you! LOL Candi
Most Active
Recent Topics