question about protein shakes.

kymt
on 6/10/04 3:59 am - nashville, TN
im one of those people that has to write everything down lol so i thought i would ask before i took pen to paper.i went out looking for differnt drinks to try out.i cant do the lactose thing so i drink lactaid 2%(lactose free milk) or something like it.my question is can i mix that with the mix or does it have to be water? it has 130 calories and 300g carb.i know thats high.so is there any lactose free milk out there that is low carb?? thanks ahead of time for anyone that can help me out.
T H.
on 6/10/04 7:29 am - NH
Dependent on your doctor as to what he wants you to intake. My doctor at Centennial had three recipies outlined in the WLS User's Manual that the patient's receive. Melanie has used the recipie for lactose intolerance as the flavors were varied. Our doctors reccomended using Vanilla Soy Milk ... The actual "protein drinks" I had to consume were Pure Pro ABB for the first week home and stayed on a clear liquid diet. I was not lactose intolerant either pre or post so I cannot help except to say, probably a good question to put to your surgeon's office as they should be providing some guidelines in this regard.
kymt
on 6/10/04 7:32 am - nashville, TN
thanks i will be doing that
Most Active
Recent Topics