any word on the young man from crossville

jrbartlett
on 6/9/04 12:40 pm - Arlington, TN
has there been anyword on the young man I believe he was from corssville but could have been murfreesboro , I am getting to old to remember, but I believe he was between 600 and 800 pounds and had the surgery may a month ago. I have been curious about him and would love an update.
TraumaRN
on 6/9/04 12:54 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Are you talking about William Holden? If you are he's been here and he's been doing well as far as I know?
jrbartlett
on 6/9/04 2:11 pm - Arlington, TN
not sure of his name but I remember he was very super MO and was worried as most doctors wont opperate on you if your that big. I am glad he is doing well. his surgery would have been a month or so ago early may probably
T H.
on 6/9/04 9:06 pm - NH
Yep, I am here ... Down 67 lbs at my 30 day checkup (15 pounds in 14 days from 2nd week visit) about a week or so ago and feeling good. Got moved to a larger menu of proteins and am adjusting to work and the daily routine required for medication and whatnot. Walking is less of a chore and does not hurt my back and hips although I am doing more leisurely walking than "cardio walking" as I still have a ways to go. All scars are about healed up completely and looking like scratches now. Down 2-3 pant sizes and "closet mining" for clothes to wear to work (which is a new experience to be looking for smaller stuff). No "head hunger" really and often have to remind myself to eat(or am alerted by a headache if I wait too long). Find myself able to eat like 3 deli turkey slices on 3 FF Saltenes and I am satiated. Sometimes a little yogurt if I have waited a long time to eat but usually that about does me in. Started learning how to eat dining out and my suggestion when you first do this post-op (which should be at least 1 month) is a) bring someone with you that likes to eat off of others plates to "try" stuff (and encourage them to do so) or b) get ready to tote leftovers home. My first "outing" was Red Lobster and I had Lobster (no butter) and steamed vegetables. I ate maybe 1/3 of the Lobster and most of my veggies (as they were some I had not tried yet) so I ended up having a large porttion (at least 2 meals worth) of lobster leftover ... I also find that when I eat something like that now, I usually am satiated and don't really care for it again (which makes a limited diet tough) so the leftovers usually get tossed. Even though I had the nasty experience of awakening in the ICU on a respirator, would I do it again? Absolutely at this point ...
jrbartlett
on 6/9/04 11:42 pm - Arlington, TN
glad your doing so well. keep up the good work.
Roland J.
on 6/10/04 1:22 am - Vonore, TN
I'm glad you're doing well. I'm pretty much at the same stage you were. I'm at 529 lbs. I had to go on a diet to get myself light enough for surgery. Now I'm just waiting.
Most Active
Recent Topics