TennCare blues

emerging_butterfly
on 6/9/04 6:44 am - Columbia, SC
Ok, need some help here. I called tenncare just about 3 hours ago to see if they accepted my application. The person said that they received my application on 5/27 and a decision has been made. The said to call my case manager at DHS to find out further information and hung up on me! I do not have a case manager at DHS. I applied through the hospital not DHS. Well, my husband called just a while ago and they told him that my application is being reviewed and I should receive something in the mail in a few days. I am soooo confused right now. I just want to know what is going on so I know if I am going to be able to jump through the wls journey hoops or not. Susan {!}
Melissa H.
on 6/9/04 7:30 am - Knoxville, TN
Susan I understand what you are going through . I have Bluecare/tenn care and I have been waiting , so I called them and they told me that their computers were down and that they were back logged . I am like you I am tired of waiting for them . I am also ready for this weight battle to be over. Dont give up , just keep calling . I will praying for you to get your answer soon. Melissa
tinyTNgirl
on 6/9/04 9:39 am - TN
Hiya Susan! I know its hard hon but try not to panic. You should have someone assigned to your case with Tenncare. I would think if you were denied they would just outright tell you. And if they deny, then you appeal. Lots of people on this site have had to appeal, and some more than once. We're here for you sweetie! Be patient and keep your chin up! I'll keep you in my prayers! God bless! Melanie
kymt
on 6/9/04 9:42 am - nashville, TN
if i was you i would keep calling.if you dont mind me asking what tenncare do u have?i have vhp and it took them 8 days to approve me. also have you tried calling the hospital?
emerging_butterfly
on 6/9/04 11:06 am - Columbia, SC
OOPS! Looks like I was not clear yet again. The approval I am waiting for is not for the surgery, but for getting Tenncare itself. Sorry for the confusion. Susan {!}
TraumaRN
on 6/9/04 12:37 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Give it the few days and start calling them again. If she hangs up on you ask for the manager and turn her in for her rudeness. I can't stand rude people.
kymt
on 6/9/04 12:44 pm - nashville, TN
i agree keep on them
DixieFlower
on 6/9/04 1:50 pm - Chattanooga, TN
I am not quite certain how you were able to apply for tenncare through the hospital. I know that a few yrs ago that is how I did it but as of last yr (when they started revamping Tncare) all tenncare applications had to go through DHS. So I had to go to DHS to recertify for TNcare. Even though that is the only state aid I am getting. So it could be eventually your application will be handed off to DHS and you will have to go for an appt there.
emerging_butterfly
on 6/9/04 3:18 pm - Columbia, SC
I went in to have some labs done end of march. When they found out I was self-pay, they had me apply for TnCare so that I would not have to pay the entire bill at once. Under the new TnCare criteria, you must be both medically and financially eligible. The person (I guess she was the c/m) at the hospital told me that the fact that I got a medical packet is more than others get. I am just hoping the fact that I have diabetes, high bp, and high cholesterol will be enough to get approval. Susan {!}
barbak59
on 6/9/04 4:08 pm - JOELTON, TN
Susan, I know they try their best to get you discouaged, I sometimes think they really don't want some of us to get it. They think if they make it hard enough for us , we will give up. Don't give up, with the hospital packet you may get it the first time, if you do get denied appeal it . You may have to get a denial letter from another ins. co. saying you are uninsureable with any other ins. carrier other than TNCARE. You should be able to get a letter of denial with all your co-morbisity diabetes,hbp,and high cholesterol -some ins. co's wont insure us because of our wt. I wish you luck. I think you will get it. I've got you on my prayer list. Just ask Kym T. about my prayer list. Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics