so now i play the waiting game

kymt
on 6/7/04 8:19 am - nashville, TN
i just found out that my paper work was sent off june 1st.of course i called the insurance company today and nothing yet. i know i know its to early but what can i say i hate just sitting here waiting.and im not sure if its me or what but it seems like my body is getting worse. it hurts me to just stand and wash dishes( i have been like this for awhile over 2 yrs) but it seems like now its really really hurting and my knees feel like they are going to go out from under me when i try and do simple things like walking around to shop. im not sure if its in my head or things are going down hill fast.i have another apointment with my pcp doc on the 15th to check up on my high blood pressure but when i complan about all the pain im in his answer is well u need to loss weight im like duh you think i know this already.he really didnt want me to go even see about getting surgery but when i got finish going off about the pain and not being able to take it any more he gave in lol.i have been over weight since had my 1st born child which was almost 14 yrs.before that i needed to lose weight but i wasnt over 100 lbs over weight.i love coming in here reading post about how good everyone is doing but it also makes me kind of sad.im trying to stay positive but its getting very hard to keep that up.i know there isnt anything anyone can say to help me i just wanted to get it out i guess.thanks for allowing me to take up some space. kym
barbak59
on 6/7/04 9:06 am - JOELTON, TN
Girl what did I tell you last week? Do Not Get Depressed!!!!!:-l Your time will come, I know thats easy for me to say now huh. I'm sure it wont be long now that your papers have been sent in. I know what you mean about the pain. I too think it gets worse almost daily. Has you pcp got you on any kind of anti inflamtory? I cann't take anything like that but when I was able to it really helped. CELEBREX was the best for me until I got a stomach bleed ,but it doesn't have that affect on everyone. I was just one of the unlucky ones. Now don't you give up. You just have to keep on keeping on. God will do it in his own time. I've got you on my prayer list for my prayer class tonight. Through him all things are possible. From the other lady in the waiting room. Have a Godly Day. Barb
kymt
on 6/7/04 9:13 am - nashville, TN
thank you so much i can never have to many prayers. he has me on naproxen but i since i dont really know what it should be doing im not sure if its working lol.when he gave it to me i thought he said it was for pain.but then on the next visit he told me to take a over the counter pain killer.yea right like thats going to help lol but im trying it anyway i dont want him to say i didnt try.
tinyTNgirl
on 6/7/04 11:12 am - TN
Hiya Kym honey. I'm so sorry you're struggling with the demons right now. Believe it or not, we all do preop. I felt the same way when I was waiting on my date. I was very fortunate to have a speedy path and a great surgeon. Its never easy waiting on something that means so much, knowing how much this will forever change your life. Makes ya feel like a kid at christmas doesnt it lol. Dont worry hon, your time WILL come. God bless ya, keep the faith! Melanie
kymt
on 6/7/04 11:50 am - nashville, TN
lol thats about how i feel.but i guess over all im doing good i have been told that all of these is going pretty fast for me.i started all of this back in march and saw the surgeon on the 11th of may.i guess my problem is i have a hard time waiting on anything lol. and that i feel like i dont have enough info on past diets to get a ok. thank you both for the kind words i needed it today.
Candik2
on 6/8/04 5:51 am - South Central, TN
Man Kym do I know what you mean. I have been at this now for MONTHS!! & I swear it seems like the road will never get any shorter, but I know in my heart it will. I actually went through a period where everything was progressing so slowly that I just didn't care & I stopped coming to the boards, but I found that w/o the support from these boards it didn't make me feel any better. This support is so encouraging & exciting. I have finally turned all of my paperwork in as of last week & now I am just waiting like you to hear something. Unfortunately the lady that sets up the surgeries, NEVER answers her phone, so I e-mailed her today asking about the status of my surgery, soooooooooo hopefully I'll hear something soon. As soon as I find out it's been sent to my insurance company I'm going to start calling them. Actually I think I may go ahead & call them today, b/c I know there is one lady who actually deals w/our part of the insurance & see if I can just get my surgeon to fax the papers directly to her. But, don't get discouraged, I know it can be hard & disheartening, especially w/everyone else getting dates & having their surgery, but we'll get ours one day soon & then we'll be doing the happy !! Hang in there g/f. Candi
kymt
on 6/8/04 8:02 am - nashville, TN
thank you so much i will pray for us both to hear something soon. i have already started calling my insurance co lol.i was told to call back near the end of the week.that the doc or nurse who ever does the approving there still had it listed as in review.i have been trying to keep my self busy but its hard not to think about it and im driving my best friend and family crazy because i talk about it so much.which is why i started posting because i can tell they are tried of hearing about it every day all day lol.
Candik2
on 6/8/04 12:17 pm - South Central, TN
I hear ya g/f. I just found out today that the lady at my surgeon's office has sent in my paperwork (I posted about it on here) & now I am just dying to find something out. I mean the next thing I hear is either going to be an approval or a denial, but I am believing in God that it is going to be an approval! Here's to both of us a little well wishing dust TTYS Candi
kymt
on 6/8/04 12:27 pm - nashville, TN
thats how i feel just tell me one way or the other so i know where i stand lol.i got a call from my pcp office and a woman from the sleep study office.i was half sleep when they called but i answered everything they asked me.the pcp office called 1st and was asking me about sleep apena or signs of having it that i may have.well i guess she didnt write something down the way the sleep study wanted it and they called me about 10 mins later.she said she wanted to know if i stop breathing at night or if i thought i did( im single so i sleep alone so all i can do is guess till next monday)i told her i think i did because of the signs i was told i would have.she was ok i need to put that on here so u can go ahead and get approved.me still being half sleep im not sure if she ment for my sleep study which is the 14th or if she ment for surgery lol.i asked her if i was still on for my sleep study and she said yes so im praying she ment for surgery lol. maybe i need to stop taking naps but im so tired all the time its hard not 2 lol.
Candik2
on 6/9/04 12:25 am - South Central, TN
Me too, hoping for the surgery. I don't think my surgeon will make me go for a sleep study, but I swear from the symptoms that I think I might have it. I can remember times where I've woke from sleep & thought "Was I breathing?" then there's the whole falling asleep while you drive, oh I can do that in an instant. I live about an hour from my mom's house & I have literally had to stop midway & park in a parking lot & sleep for a few minutes. Sooooooo, although I probably do have it, I just want to have my surgery & let it resolve itself w/o actually being diagnosed with it. But, I totally hear ya about the naps. Actually I used to be a huge napper until I found out I had hypothyroidism & started taking my Synthroid, that helped tremendously. Well, guess we'll just sit on pins & needles & wait. TTYS Candi
Most Active
Recent Topics