I'm just a loooooser ....

T H.
on 6/3/04 9:14 pm - NH
Good news all! Had my 1 month post-op visit yesterday and have lost 67 lbs! I was very excited! I have also been able to half my blood pressure medicine and almost rid myself of another (within the next week according to my PCP). All is well and I have advanced to the next stage of the diet which allows me to have an extended group of proteins (sorry to mention that, Mel ...). Thanks to Katie's suggestion of a walking DVD pre-op, I am walking almost 1/2 mile now (although I need to walk more) and have been back at work for 2 weeks! Considering I would not see anyone after surgery (it took a lot out of me, first surgery ever) and spent 24 hours in ICU, I cannot believe I feel this good. Just wanted to share the news! I hope everyone is doing well ...
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/3/04 10:43 pm - Crossville, TN
Awww darlin - I'm sooooooo happy for you! Your doing so fantastic! Congrats on lossing 67 pounds in a month! By the way, I'm glad you like that DVD! I love it and its easy until ya get more in to it but I'm finally up to a mile -- Soon your gonna catch up with me! I did buy some 2 pound weights at Wal-mart to add to my walking workout, much cheaper then those blue balls she sells! Anyways, Post-Op is so wonderful, huh? Keep us updated! Hugs, Katie
TraumaRN
on 6/4/04 12:07 am - COVINGTON, TN
William, That's so awesome. You are doing great. Whatever it is that you are doing keep up the good work. I'm really proud of your progress. Anne
T H.
on 6/4/04 10:18 am - NH
Thanks for the continued support Anne!
tinyTNgirl
on 6/4/04 1:33 pm - TN
GO WILL, GO WILL!!!! Ya big loser you! I'm so jealous. Feel that heat? Thats me.... burning at your heels lol. Things are going so wonderfully for you and I couldnt be happier for ya. Too bad we missed each other at doc's office. I go back in 6 wks, sometime in July lol. My appt was at 10:30. DH was with me. We had to see Jill too so it took longer than i'd expected. Anyway, so proud of ya. Keep on keepin on! Melanie
goatswife
on 6/4/04 5:17 pm - Nashville, TN
WOOOOOOHOOOOO William, EXCELLENT Carol
e W.
on 6/5/04 1:15 am - Birmingham, AL
Well, I'm a little late on the uptake, but congrats on the huge loss!! That makes a bit of a dent, huh? This was my first major surgery, too. You're going to Dyer, right? Me, too. I have really grown to respect and like the guy. Keep on truckin' man! Erin in Antioch
T H.
on 6/5/04 4:40 am - NH
I'll consider it "fashionably late" and be flattered! Thank you, Erin sounds like you are doing well too. I read your profile and you just cracked me up with some of your comments as I have experienced them personally (including a recent Red Lobester visit). Yep, I like Dr. Dyer, he's pretty cool, very low key which I totally appreciate and seems very compassionate about what he does. I need to get your motivation in terms of walking for sure ... Still hard to get going yet in terms of regularity with a return to work and trying to figure out a system to have foods ready to take to work, etc. Thanks for the encouragement, I hope you continue to do well too! Take care!
e W.
on 6/5/04 12:44 pm - Birmingham, AL
Glad I could crack you up! I love making people laugh! My food-at-work thing is the exact same thing every day. I bought those tiny GladWare containers, and I fill one with cottage cheese for 1/2 cup serving. I throw that in a Ziploc bag with a Kroger Lite yogurt (they have tons of great flavors) and a couple plastic spoons, and that's my lunch--21 grams of protein. I try to break away from my office to make a turkey burger for lunch on my George Foreman grill at home and put off the Ziploc contents until later in the day, but I rarely take lunch. I have found that in the last week, I've been able to eat the turkey burger with more ease than before. It used to get stuck pretty easily. I've been pairing it with a mixture of fat-free mayo and mustard, and I feel like I'm eating normal food!! I don't know if you like these foods, but I know you've got the same food lists I do, so I thought I'd suggest something. Good luck with finding your rut like I have!
Most Active
Recent Topics