Drumroll, please!

tinyTNgirl
on 6/3/04 11:42 am - TN
Hi guys and gals. I went to see Dr. Houston today for my first post op visit. Surgery was 9 days ago. The day before surgery at work (medical scales) I weighed 247. Today I weighed in at.......228! Oh yeah baby, 19 lbs!!! Did I dance the gig? You betta believe I did. I was so excited. Dr. Houston says i'm a little ahead of the game, that most patients lose 12 lbs in the first week. I'm sure the rest is fluid, but it counts lol. I got advanced from clear liquids to those protein shakes. I bought the ones the dietician recommended, and tried some type of peanut butter chocolate one today. I have to say, i'm not liking it. I can only pray the others taste better. Gotta drink those things for a whole week. Then, its on to pureed foods. I can see the sun over the horizon. Will, I want mashed potatoes and refried beans!!! Melanie
TraumaRN
on 6/3/04 11:46 am - COVINGTON, TN
OHHHHH MELANIE!!!!!!! That's so awesome!!! I've tried a couple of those protein shakes. There is a strawberry cream that's not too awful bad. It's made by Advant Edge Carb Control. It's got 15 gms of protein in it (11oz)....I didn't say it was wonderful only said it's ok. Tolerable...LOL. Congratulations to you girl.....you are well on your way. Anne
sherry C.
on 6/3/04 12:55 pm - Elizabethton, TN
Hi congrats on your surgery I am 7 weeks today and feeling great i have lost 55lbs. Good luck with protien drinks they are hard to do.Sherry Campbell
jrbartlett
on 6/3/04 1:07 pm - Arlington, TN
incredible mel, keep up the good work. I am so envious that my surgery is not until oct. Maybe I should have gone to Dr. Houston as well, but nashville is so far away and I wanted a surgeon that was close for follow ups. But my friend used houston and loved him. well psych appt monday morning, then sleep study tuesday night, not sure I can stand much more than that for next week. My boss is not happy that I can no loner just pick up and drive across state at his whim. he wanted me in KNoxville next week.... too bad!
TraumaRN
on 6/3/04 2:09 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Joe, Did you ever check out Dr. McGrath? She is awesome and out of St. Francis. She also does the surgery lap if you qualify.....
Laura H.
on 6/3/04 2:06 pm - Memphis, TN
COngratulations!! That is awesome!!!!! Laura
T H.
on 6/3/04 6:55 pm - NH
You must have had an earlier appointment than me as I was there to see Dr. Dyer yesterday too and didn't see ya. I have a total weightloss of 67 lbs 1 month post-op. I lost 15 lbs over the past 2 weeks. Plus my BP meds have been halved, my anti-depressent ceases in another week! Yeah, I went with the simple recipie of #1 and #2 for the protein and did plain ole vanilla and chocolate. Wasn't too bad, very rich. The hard part was making 6 oz last 30 minutes! Yep, the pureed stage is next, that is nice after all the liquid. Of course potatoes are for closer to IBW and pintos are at 6 months ... Congratulations on the loss, Melanie; you're doing great! Hang in there and shout if ya need to as I remeber how aggravating the liquid stage can be. It'll seem like every commericial is about food and everyone wants to talk about food to you initially.
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/3/04 10:29 pm - Crossville, TN
Congrats Mellie!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your doing fantastic but gosh, I don't know how your doing those protein drinks. I still haven't found one I liked, thankfully my doctor doesn't 'make me' drink them. Yay! Keep up the good work, ya big ol loser! -Katie
Eva O.
on 6/4/04 3:16 am - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Katie, Please tell me, what do you do for protein after your surgery i hate those liguid drinks.Hi Melanie you are doing sooooooooo great,i know you are off the walls with excitment. God bless Eva
First M.
on 6/4/04 5:56 am - Halls, TN
You Go Girl!!!! I am using Dr Houston also. Just waiting for approval. I am 5'6" and weigh 265 so you are my inspiration! Congrats, First Mama1
Most Active
Recent Topics