Information About Insurance

STEWART C.
on 5/31/04 10:04 am - MURFREESBORO, TN
I am 61 and am on social security disability. My weight is 362 pounds. I have Medicare A&B, also tenncare plus whi*****ludes medicaid. Has anyone dealt with these carriers for bariactic surgery? If so what did they cover if anything? thank you God Bless Stew
TraumaRN
on 5/31/04 11:16 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Stew, I don't have either of those insurances but I did hear in my MD's office that Medicare does cover the surgery. I'm not sure but if you call the surgeon that you have picked out I'm sure that their office will be able to tell you for sure. Anne
barbak59
on 6/7/04 4:27 pm - JOELTON, TN
Hi, Stew I was just looking at some old posts, and came across yours. I am also disabled with Medicare and Tenncare. I am going to Vanderbilt, Dr. Richards 615-936-1288 www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/vchn. Good Luck to you.
STEWART C.
on 6/11/04 1:11 am - MURFREESBORO, TN
Hi Barbara, Thanks for the info, i have been in touch with Vanderbuilt. They informed me I was too old for the surgery. (61) I am determined to save my life however. Do you have any info i could use as far as a surgeon who might help. Good luck on your surgery. My prayers go with you. Stew
barbak59
on 6/11/04 11:38 am - JOELTON, TN
Stew, I know what you mean about saving your life. I can not believe Vanderbilt said you were to old. I have a sheet from them with guidelines, it says between the ages of 18 & 65.Do you have alot of other medical conditions? Heart trouble, diabetes, etc..? Maybe you didn't talk to the right person #615-936-1288. I think maybe Gateway Medical in Clarksville, TN may take TN CARE also you might try SKYLINE Medical on Dickerson Rd. I know nothing about the Doctors at eaither place. If they do accept it, be sure you ck their success rate with this surgery. I know there are some doctors out there that do not have alot of experiance at this surgery. Although it is real good money in it at this time. Since it has become more & more popular with those with morbidly obesity and sometimes just those with slight obesity. As I said a very good money maker. Be very careful. I wish you the best of luck and will pray for you as well. Have a GODLY DAY! Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics