survived my first b.b.q.

msjadedpearls
on 5/29/04 1:30 pm - unicoi, TN
ok everyone i had my first real outing today. my husband's national guard is being deployed. so everyone is having cookouts and dinners. well we went to a cookout today. it was so hard. they had ribs and b.b.q. pork. and i felt so deprived.but then i thought of all the reasons i had this surgery and i started to feel better.my husband bless his heart even told me he was sorry i couldn't eat.so i pulled my little meal cups and had my feast...lol thanks everyone for letting me whine about not eating..
e W.
on 5/29/04 4:01 pm - Birmingham, AL
And you just had your surgery on the 20th?! I BET you were feeling deprived! I didn't stop craving those foods for a couple weeks, and I still REALLY wanted a buttered roll tonight at my friend's wedding reception. But, at least for me, with time it has gotten easier to dismiss the food other people are eating. Sounds like you made the best of it. Congrats on your surgery and best of luck with all those little challenges. Erin in Antioch
TraumaRN
on 5/29/04 7:36 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Lisa, You did well. Tell your husband and his friends that they are all in my thoughts and prayers. I don't know how you are going to do it with him being away. God will be with him and his friends. Anne
msjadedpearls
on 5/30/04 12:48 am - unicoi, TN
thanks erin and anne
tinyTNgirl
on 5/30/04 1:24 am - TN
Hi Lisa and congratulations on surviving the hog lol. I'm just 5 days post op and am already having head hunger problems. My dh and I went out for a bit yesterday and I had to sit at the waffle house while he ate. That was hard. I know I had this surgery, not him. I cant expect him to stop eating. This is going to be tough for a while. You did great and i'm proud of ya! God bless hon! Melanie
T H.
on 5/30/04 2:38 am - NH
Hang in there Melanie. I had this for a week or so. I remember my first outing was to a bookstore near a Long JohnSilvers about lunchtime and I guess they were cooking a mass of fish as the smell was killing me. But as soon as I got in my car and got away it quickly left my mind. Now I almost have to remind myself to eat sometimes as I don't really get hungry. The toughest thing is stretching those meals out for 30 minutes so it's good to have a show to watch or someone to talk with. Hopefully the family will get on board a somewhat healthy lifestyle once you have to prepare foods at home as there will be LOTS of leftovers if they don't eat what you eat. A can of green beans and cream corn can last me almost a week now ... Hope you're doing ok ... Sorry about the post hijack!
T H.
on 5/30/04 2:41 am - NH
Lisa, Yeah, sounds like you did excellent given your short period post op! Sounds like your DH was very sensitive to your situation and that's great, it's good to have people in your corner when you feel conflicted like that. You'll get there thoguh, I am only a few weeks ealier than you and I am eating standard foods but just remember the "chew chew chew" regimen when you get there. Food stuck in the pouch is not a good thing (trust me, I have done it a few times ...) You can always vent here! Good luck, hang in there it will get better!
Most Active
Recent Topics