I made it guys! I'm a loser!!!

tinyTNgirl
on 5/27/04 1:03 pm - TN
Hiya my OH family!!! I made it!! I'm home as of about 30 minutes ago. Though I haven't weighed yet i'm on the losing side. Surgery was Tuesday at 7:30 for anyone who didnt know. Dr. Houston would have let me go this morning but I ran a low grade fever all day yesterday and he was being cautious. They released me a little after 7p since all my temps today were normal. The other rooms on my hall were all gastric bypass patients. Was really cool. Centennial Medical Center is the best! They took such wonderful care of me. They kept making sure I was walking and using my incentive spirometer. Oh, and they brought me popcicles which made me very happy LOL! I have 6 small incisions and no drains. I did have the IV in my nec****il just before discharge. They suture it in place. My neck is a little sore, bruised feeling. I didnt use any pain medication today. They crushed my synthroid and effexor together and had me take it. Within minutes I was so nausous I could barely stand. It was horrible, but thank God it didnt last long. I have more pain in the left side of my abdomen than I do on the right, but its only there when I get in/out of bed. In all, it wasn't as bad as I had expected. For those of you who are still preop, my biggest suggestion to you is buy some panties a couple of sizes bigger. I am bloated from the surgery and my regular panties were cutting me in two. So my wonderful DH bought me some big granny panties and they are much better! I want to say a huge thank you and GOD BLESS to all of you who prayed for me. I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer. I cant thank you guys enough for all you've done for me during this journey. This is just the beginning so I pray you'll all continue to be there! God bless all of you! Love n hugs! Melanie
TraumaRN
on 5/27/04 1:11 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Melanie, I am so glad that you made it home and are doing great!!!! You are an awesome person and one I consider to be a good friend. When I spoke to Robert he was so proud of you. We only talked for a couple minutes but I wanted you to know that I was thinking about you. I can't wait to hear the updates on how much you are losing. We all have been waiting for you to get home to let us know how you are doing. Just think......next summer a bikini!!!!! LOL I have some good news for you too....my insurance was approved after only three days!!! Can you believe it? I am waiting on a call from the surgeon's office to see when I get to go see her, but the dietician told me that I would probably be having surgery by the end of the month. I can't wait to join the ranks of the losers!!! Again, love you and I am soooooo happy for you. Congratulations on your successful surgery. Keep on walking every day to stay healthy at home. Love ya lots.... Anne
tinyTNgirl
on 5/27/04 1:14 pm - TN
WOW Anne what great news for you!! I'm so happy for ya! Thanks soooo much for being such a sweetheart. Rob told me you called and it really touched me. I'm so happy to have you guys to share things with. I'm here for you too sweetie! Keep in touch with me!! God bless ya! Love n hugs! Melanie
BrendaTN
on 5/27/04 1:12 pm - Louisville, TN
Congrats Melanie....I am just a week behind you . I go in at 6:45am this Tuesday...I hope my journey goes as smooth as yours...Say a prayer for me.
tinyTNgirl
on 5/27/04 1:15 pm - TN
You got it, Brenda! Prayers are being sent up for you. Keep the faith hon and all will be fine. May God hold you in his loving hands, and carry you through an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery! God bless honey! Melanie
kymt
on 5/27/04 1:50 pm - nashville, TN
i know you dont know me i dont post much in here but i do ALOT of reading lol.i just wanted to say that i wish you all the luck in the world and may god bless you.because from all that i have been reading you have really been on here for others and i see that they are giving you the love right back.get well fast kym
Eva O.
on 5/27/04 2:24 pm - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Melanie, wow!!!!! how great you are already home and on this board and tell us how you are.God is with you gf and he will see you through your journey now to a better life and good health.Let us know how things are going in the days ahead we will be here for you. Eva
jrbartlett
on 5/27/04 2:43 pm - Arlington, TN
welcome back mel, now I am the envious one.... I have a long wait till october and by then you will be all nice and skinny. glad your home. wishing you a speedy recovery.
emerging_butterfly
on 5/27/04 4:28 pm - Columbia, SC
Hey there mini-Melanie! I am so glad things went well for you! I am keeping you in my prayers during your recovery! Susan {!}
goatswife
on 5/27/04 4:37 pm - Nashville, TN
AWESOME work Mellie ! We are all so very happy for you, and thankful you came through with flying colors. Can't wait to hear all about your new life, and watch you experience so many new blessings. Hugs G/F Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics