Protein!

ShrinkingKatie
on 5/27/04 1:13 am - Crossville, TN
You know, being a post-op - I'm always looking for food with protein. So I thought we could share ideas here. I, personally, would rather get my protein from food rather then those nasty protein drinks and believe it or not its actually possible! This is what I've found so far that as ALOT of protein..... Tuna fish (in the packages) = 20 grams Pink Salmon (in packages) = 16 grams Slim-fast low carb shakes = 21 grams Veggie burgers = 15 grams Baked Salmon = 22 grams One of my favorites is - Tomatoes, Cucumbers, and then adding some Chick Peas for protein, which is about 7 grams. It's SO good! Anyone else have some ideas?
TraumaRN
on 5/27/04 4:31 am - COVINGTON, TN
Here's what I learned in class... Zanibar bought in Walmart and actually very tasty....7 grams Gen Soy also from Walmart...the chocolate mint is wow!!! Think this one was 14grams Gen Soy Soy Crisps...we tried the apple cinnamon was awesome and you can eat the whole bag.....7 grams Optisource protein drink the strawberry isn't bad...it's 4 oz and 14 grams Cottage Cheese 4 oz is 12 grams Also if you mix the protein powder in sugar free pudding it's not bad and it's 6 grams per scoop.... Hope some of this is helpful
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/27/04 10:19 am - Crossville, TN
I forgot to add the cottage cheese - I sometimes add fruit to that if I have any... But the bars - I'm afraid to try those yet because some of them just sound like a candy bar, ya know what I mean? But where do I find the Gen Soy Crisps? I've never heard of them and they sound kinda goood! Ohh and I saw the Dr. Phil shakes today - they have 28 grams of protein BUT 10 grams of sugar. Depends on the person, when it comes to those due to the sugar.
TraumaRN
on 5/27/04 12:57 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Gen Soy crisps are at walmart. The only problem with the Dr. Phil Shakes is that they are 200 calories compared to the optisource which are only 100. The optisource strawberry tastes better than the Dr. Phil too. Ginger also told us about a protein drink at the GNC store that is a Berry something or other and it's in a silver container....it was really good but you have to drink it cold/cool.
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/28/04 4:20 am - Crossville, TN
Go****hat berry stuff at GNC was like $35 bucks in a huge container. I would of bought it if I atleast could of tried it first but they were completely sold out or the lady didn't wanna go out of her way... Do you get the optisource at wal-mart too? The slim-fast low carb is okay but to me its so thick - Tastes like Vitamin D milk, which is to thick for me... I enjoy skim. Again, maybe I'm just picky? LOL!
Beckey D.
on 5/27/04 10:34 pm - Sale Creek, TN
I do eat lots of protein while trying to keep my carbs reasonable and my sugars in the single digits per meal. I try not to eat the protein bars that are like candybars because they may make me crave. I do, however, drink protein drinks. I particularly like Champion Nutrition's Pure Whey Stack in Chocolate. I get it either at www.vitalady.com or the Vitamin Shoppe. I drink 2 a day and eat lots of protein foods. I want to make SURE I get it all in. Hugs, Beckey
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/28/04 4:16 am - Crossville, TN
Hey! Thanks for the link! I'm afraid to spend anymore money on protein drinks though - every time I do, I throw them out because they taste so icky. I have 6 samples in my kitchen now, nasty nasty! Maybe I'm just being stubborn? LOL! However, about the carbs - I don't eat bread or potatoes, stuff like that but I do eat beans and like 4 or 5 crackers with my tuna - I really don't think those little of carbs will hurt me. I have a long ways to go, no reason for me to cut everything and get frustrated with what I'm eating. Anyways, good luck and your weight loss is fantastic! Hugs, Katie
sylvia K.
on 5/31/04 4:23 am - Morrison, TN
Hey, Katie, I just ordered a couple of nectars from Vitalady.com. One was fuzy navel and the other is strawberry-kiwi. Both were very good. Different than the vanilla, chocolate shakes. I do buy the chocolate and vanilla praline from GNC and I really like them. You can order samples from the Vitalady site to see what you like before you order a canister. I also ordered a Strawberry White Chocolate with bits of real strawberry, very good too. The samples are 1.99 each, but beats buying a 2 lb canister and not like it. I do two shakes a day.
Most Active
Recent Topics