Pre-Op or Post-Op

ShrinkingKatie
on 5/28/04 4:03 am - Crossville, TN
Hi Beckey! Good to see a "postie" posting on here! However, I totally understand if your not able to post all the time but atleast you try! Congrats on your amazing weight loss!!! May I ask how much food you were eating about 2 - 4 months out? Just wondering. Keep us posted! Hugs, Katie
Beckey D.
on 5/28/04 4:30 am - Sale Creek, TN
Katie, I am almost 4 months out now. What a WONDERFUL life it is too. As for as how much I eat.....my pouch is a one ounce pouch so I pretty much can only eat that much. I eat about 4 times a day and drink my protein shakes. No WAY could I get in enough protein otherwise. I eat almost anything but high fat or sugar. How about you? How far post-op are you? What do you eat? How much? Hugs, Beckey
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/28/04 4:41 am - Crossville, TN
Hey Beckey.... I'm 2 months post-op. I've lost 55 pounds (probably ALOT more due to the fact I haven't weighed in about a month)... My average day goes like this... Breakfast - Yogurt or cottage cheese Lunch - Tuna Fish 3oz. w/ 4 crackers Dinner - Chicken, Fish, or Veggie Burger with a veggies OR I'll just have Tuna Fish again... Snacks - Sherbet on a stick from Wal-mart (sugar free) or veggies or something with Protein. Sometimes I totally miss breakfast though because I wake up so late! LOL But I think I'm doing fine... I was worried for awhile because I could eat like 2 roman tomatoes and half of cucumber but the "posties" on the main message board said that was normal because it turns to water in your pouch and atleast I'm not eating junk food! I keep track of what I eat on http://www.fitday.com, its an awsome site and tracks all your calories, fat, carbs, and protein. Makes things so much easier! Take care! Hugs, Katie
Victoria B.
on 5/28/04 12:34 pm - Germantown, TN
Hey, Katie, I am pre-op, but less than two weeks away and counting and freaking out, etc!! Mine is on June 8th at St. Francis with Dr. McGrath-Weaver. Who did you? Take care, Victoria Germantown
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/29/04 1:41 am - Crossville, TN
Morning Victoria! Congrats on getting a date! I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery! Soon your gonna be a big ol loser! I had my surgery in Clarksville by Dr. Lindy Hruska - I loved her and her staff was amazing!! Keep us updated! Best wishes, Katie
Victoria B.
on 5/29/04 2:39 am - Germantown, TN
Thanks, Katie. This site has been so wonderful. I am silently freaking out with ten days to go, but know I won't back out. Talking to everyone and finding so many support systemns has been inspriational and terrific. Thanks! Victoria
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/29/04 8:01 am - Crossville, TN
Hey Victoria, It's normal to freak out before surgery. You've made a huge decision to change your life and it is scary as hell - I won't lie about it! If you need anyone to talk to or some support, just let us know! Thats what were here for... Good luck! and Keep us updated! Hugs, Katie
Victoria B.
on 5/29/04 10:25 am - Germantown, TN
Hey, Katie, Thanks for the response. I know it's normal, but I am married to a doc and know way more than I should. I ask him all these "what if" questions and the man can only be patient for so long. He says I am worrying for nothing - statistics are great for recovery when you have a great surgeon - which I do. He keeps telling me I made this choice and to think positively. I know he's right. I am MO, but in great physical shape and the time to do it is now. I am 44 and know I have pushed the envelope way too long. I know my weight will catch up to me if I don't do something now. I need to just look at all the positive results everyone here is having and stay away from the memorial areas. And, I need to stop thinking like a doc and start thinking like a WSL patient - if that makes sense. Thanks again, Victoria
DixieFlower
on 5/28/04 3:13 pm - Chattanooga, TN
Woo hoo Post op had my open RNY on March 19, 2004 My highest known weight was 395. The month before surgery I was 362 and at my 6 week post op appointment I was 324 Woo hoo. *giggle* 25 more lbs and ill weight less than when I graduated high school. I go back to the surgeon the ending of June and I can't wait to see how much more Ive lost.
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/29/04 1:44 am - Crossville, TN
YAY! We have another "POSTIE!" - Looks like your doing fantasti****ep us updated! -Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics