HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!

TraumaRN
on 5/26/04 12:19 pm - COVINGTON, TN
I went to go to my final nutrition class tonight and was about an hour early because I had to take family members to the airport to go home after my daughter's graduation. While I was sitting in the parking lot I thought I'd call Blue Cross/ Blue Shield to see if I was approved, ( my paperwork was only sent to them on Thursday and they told me it would take 7-14 buisness days for an answer....this was day 4). I talked to Leslie on the phone and she said to hang on a minute she would check it for me......when she came back she said, "you aren't going to believe this, but they approved your surgery yesterday!!!".....well, I sat in my SUV blubbering like an idiot while I was still on the phone with her. She started to laugh and told me it was ok.....and said..." I think I gave you good news right?". I said , "oh, yeah".......My best friend was meeting me to go to the class with me because she is going to cook for me for the first few weeks, and when I told her she cried with me. We walked into the class and when I told the dietician she told me that I could be having the surgery as soon as June 9th. I'm not sure if I'm gonna have it that soon because I need to get the house in order and the kids taken care of, but I'm calling tomorrow morning to make my consult with Dr. McGrath.....I am so excited!!!!!!! I can't believe it only took them 3 days to approve me with no problems.
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/26/04 12:40 pm - Crossville, TN
Wow, Congrats - Hope you have a speedy recovery! -Katie
TraumaRN
on 5/26/04 12:46 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Thanks Katie, I appreciate the support. Anne
BrendaTN
on 5/26/04 1:27 pm - Louisville, TN
Go Anne....Congrats!!!!!!!!! You will be in my prayers...let us know when you have a date/
Eva O.
on 5/26/04 2:00 pm - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Anne, I am so happy for you,looks like you are really on your way to being a loser,congrats and may you go with Gods speed Eva
Laura H.
on 5/26/04 2:51 pm - Memphis, TN
Congratulations!! I know you are excited. Dr. McGrath did my husband's - she is excellent!! Laura
T H.
on 5/26/04 7:02 pm - NH
Go Anne, Go Anne, Go Go Go Anne ... I had a similar experience with BCBS and I asked the counselor, "I must really be in bad shape if it took this short of a time" and she just laughed and said that I had my paperwork together and met the criteria for a good candidate. I am so very happy for you!
goatswife
on 5/26/04 8:25 pm - Nashville, TN
YIPEEEEE KYOOOOOOOOOO KYEAAAAH, Thats the greatest news I've heard today!!! Congrats Anne, You are in our thoughts and prayers. PLEASE keep us posted...BIG FAT HUGS TO YOU, Carol
Rita J.
on 5/26/04 11:48 pm - Bartlett, TN
Hi Anne, I am Rita and was in your nutrition class. I am excited for you. I felt the same way when I got my approval 2 weeks ago. It took me two weeks to get in with Dr. McGrath and I saw her yesterday and they scheduled my surgery for 6/9. Now I can hardly sleep because I have so many things going through my head about all of this. You know we are very fortunate in the program at St. Francis that everything does move swiftly. I read post on other boards where it takes 6-9 months to get an appointment with the surgeon. Anyway, I am happy for you. Rita
Cherry C.
on 5/27/04 12:17 am - Morristown, TN
WHOO HOOO, Anne!! You go girl! I am so happy for you! CONGRTS to YOUR BEST FRIEND TOO! That is GREAT she is standing behind you that is wonderful! Good luck! Cherry Cody
Most Active
Recent Topics