Hi Everyone

msrob68
on 5/26/04 9:18 am - Hampshire, TN
I am Robin, I am approved by the insurance company. I have my psych and my consult the same day.. May 27th... I am so excited... and so nervous...I have United Health Care/ Home Depot ... and the process went pretty quick... I will be going to Centennial ...Dr. Dyer is the surgeon.. anyone have anything to give me advice on.. I would love all your prayers and thoughts... mine are with all of the ones that have had the surgery and on their way... What are the next steps... What do I need to expect out of my consult with dr.... Did I say i was excited....
DixieFlower
on 5/26/04 9:26 am - Chattanooga, TN
Congrats !!!! I wish I could give you some specific info as to the surgeon you have but alas mine was a different one however, I have some general stuff that might help you out. Make a list of questions you have and yes write it down cause trust me you will forget one if ya don't . A few examples of questions might be about why your surgeon performs the particular procedure that he does, Staples, stitches, both?? and why he has that prefrence. Also anything that you might want to know about the procedure you are going to have. Most surgeons are pretty thorough in explaining the procedure but sometimes there are some gen info that is left out. Hope this helps out and best wishes *huggles*
msrob68
on 5/26/04 9:37 am - Hampshire, TN
thanks for the info... I really want the Lap RNY... I hope the surgeon will be able to do that.... I have my list already of questions... but the questions you gave are great too... i didnt think of those... I am excited... i think I am not going to be able to sleep
TraumaRN
on 5/26/04 12:08 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Congratulations Robin!! I wish you luck with your surgery and your journey to becoming a loser. Anne
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/26/04 12:35 pm - Crossville, TN
Congrats!! Soon you'll be a big ol loser!! Best wishs and I hope you have a quick recovery! -Katie
T H.
on 5/26/04 6:55 pm - NH
Congrats Robin! I had my surgery on 5/5/2004 (down 52 lbs) and Dr. Dyer was my surgeon. He was great! He is very reserved (around me anyway) and struck me as being very compassionate about what he does. He allowed me to ask any questions I had but also respected the fact that I had thoroughly researched the operation and had few during my consult. The consult is mainly for him to get an idea of physically your structure and current health and to ensure that you truly understand what the surgery and aftercare entail. I also wanted lap (and asked about this) and essentially they cannot absolutely assure anything until you are on the operating table but he placed me on an extended diet of clear liquids to increase my chances and he was able to do mine laproscopic. He is very upfront about all of this if you ask. The way he explained it to me was that his intention was always to try and do lap but if the safety of the patient becomes a concern he will have to convert to open. I prepapred myself for either because I am a relatively large guy and had a thick middle but it all worked out. The staff at Centennial was great too! I am excited for you ... best of luck!
goatswife
on 5/26/04 8:23 pm - Nashville, TN
Robin, Congrats hon, I am soooooooooo excited for you! I wish I had some advice for you, but I'm not a loser, just a loser wannabe LOL. We will keep you in our happy thoughts, and PLEASE keep us posted. Hugs, Carol
Cherry C.
on 5/27/04 12:23 am - Morristown, TN
Congrats to you Robin! I hope everything goes well for you! Cherry Cody
jrbartlett
on 5/27/04 2:19 am - Arlington, TN
congrats . will be keeping you in my prayers.
tinyTNgirl
on 5/28/04 5:35 am - TN
Congratulations Robin on your upcoming rebirthday!!! Welcome to the Tennessee board family. I'm thrilled you chose Centennial and Dr. Dyer. My surgery was just performed on the 25th with Dr. Houston. The staff at Centennial took outstanding care of me. They were all so encouraging and supportive. Even formed a hug line when I was discharged. They are incredible. Best of luck to you on your journey dear! Please keep us informed of your progress. God bless you! Melanie
Most Active
Recent Topics