memphis support groups?

jrbartlett
on 5/23/04 1:04 pm - Arlington, TN
any Memphis area support groups out there?
della L.
on 5/23/04 1:49 pm - salisbury, nc
hey Joe... We have a support group that meets the second Wednesday of the month at St Francis Hospital. It is open to anyone pre and post op. which are you??? need more info about the group email me....
jrbartlett
on 5/23/04 3:50 pm - Arlington, TN
hi della, I am pre op,surgery scheduled for oct 6th
Victoria B.
on 5/24/04 10:46 am - Germantown, TN
Hi! My surgery is the 8th of June - a scant two weeks from tomorrow and my doc is out of St. Francis so I plan on going to the meetings. I wish there were more than a couple a month!! Maybe we could get more? Victoria Germantown
Rita J.
on 5/25/04 11:06 am - Bartlett, TN
Hi, I have my appointment with the surgeon at St. Francis tomorrow and they said it will be approximately 2 weeks before surgery so Victoria my surgery date maybe close to yours. I also wish there were a couple of the support meeting a month because the closer it gets the more apprehensive I feel. Rita Bartlett
Victoria B.
on 5/25/04 12:38 pm - Germantown, TN
Hi, Rita, Maybe I will see you entering St. Francis while I am leaving!! I am nervous, but so comfortable with Dr. McGrath-Weaver that it helps the nervousness a lot. I will keep you posted and let me know what you think of her - she's awesome!! Victoria
Rita J.
on 5/25/04 10:08 pm - Bartlett, TN
Virginia, I have met Dr. McGrath-Weaver once in one of their seminars in the beginning and I was very impressed. I was also impressed with the fact that she had done a fellowship in Bariatrics and feel she is best qualified. Have you completed your nutrition classes with Ginger yet? Tonight is my last one, thought you might be there to put a face with a name. Rita
Victoria B.
on 5/26/04 9:14 am - Germantown, TN
Hi, Rita, I finished my classes in April and then got my insurance approval. Maybe we will meet at one of the aftercare meetings. Let me know when you have your date. VICTORIA!!
Rita J.
on 5/26/04 11:47 am - Bartlett, TN
Great news, I got my date today and it is Wed. 6/9. You were right Dr. McGrath-Weaver was great answered all my questions and really put me at ease about this. Maybe not the June meeting but the July support meeting, I will see you there. Ree
Victoria B.
on 5/27/04 9:54 am - Germantown, TN
Congrats, Ree! I will see you there!! Take care, Victoria
Most Active
Recent Topics