My feelings were so hurt today....

Julie G.
on 5/23/04 12:51 pm - Lebanon, TN
Today I found out that my cousins girlfriends friend was talking so bad about me today. She was saying how huge and ugly I was and that I needed to lose like a thousand pounds. She had the nerve to tell this to another cousin of mine and he broke the news to me. But I wanted to know what she said about me. I knew when I met her the other day that she kept giving me these terrible looks. My heart has been broken all day. I've also been so mad that I just wanted to strangle her. She better not ever show up in my home again. I just don't know what to do. Why do people have to be so mean to others? I never did anything bad to her. I can't wait until I can have surgery....hoping I can anyway. My surgeon consult isn't until August 3rd. It's so long to have to wait. Julie 26 yrs old 460 pounds
jrbartlett
on 5/23/04 1:03 pm - Arlington, TN
julie, just take a few long breaths, soak in a hot tubu for an hour or so , listen to your fave music. in other words just relax. people who throw stones or feel the need to belittle others are not worth the time it takes you to get upset about them. the only reason people slam others is some deep seated need to grandize themselves. they are usually shallow individuals whos only concept of self image is their outward appearance. my question is what did your cousin say to her when she started this bashing? a simple" hey thats my counsin your dissing " should have been enough to quiet her down. and if they allowed her to run on with diahrea of the mouth then ran to you with the story , well place the guilt on them as well. Just remember your worth more than the whole lot of them put together. keep smiling and soon the laugh will be on them. and by the way it took me 11 months to get into my surgeon for the first consult . and now my surgery is not scheduled until Oct 6th. I know it seems like a long time but it will pass quickly.
CarolynInHuntsville
on 5/23/04 1:12 pm - Alabama, AL
Just remember this Julie...You can loose the weight and you are working towards that. This mean, hateful, ugly person has to live with the attitude they have. Sometimes when people are mean to others like that, it is just because they are insecure themselves and they are trying to shift the attention from themselves to someone else. Don't let this person get to you and remember.... WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND....that person will eventually get what they have coming to them. Hold your head high and realize you are a good person. Don't let ANYONE tell you or make you feel otherwise.
tinyTNgirl
on 5/23/04 2:13 pm - TN
Julie, sweetie, i'm sooooo sorry this happened to you. If there's one thing in life i'm sure of, its that there is an overabundance of idiots. I remember back in probably junior high, quoting the same phrase to those idiots in my school, which was..... I may be overweight, but I can change that. You're ugly and stuck with it. Stupid and stuck with it works just as well. LMAO immature, yes. But it sure as hell made me feel better and got a chuckle from others. The important thing is for you to concentrate on the task at hand, and whats best for you. Forget those outsiders who know nothing on the subject. You're in my thoughts and prayers, babe! Hang tough! God bless you! Melanie
T H.
on 5/23/04 9:40 pm - NH
Julie, I am so very sorry that this happened. People can be absolutely ridiculous. I would hope that you would not let the stupidity of this person diminish who you are. Sounds like this girl is somewhat immature in that she feels that she needs to say things like this. Trust me, people like this are no worthy of the emotions that you are presently expending on them although I can understand why you would. They eventually grow up and hopefully learn that it's the differences that are the "good stuff" in terms of people but if not then they lose out on a great deal of positive people just because of their shallow nature. I would let it roll off and focus on my upcoming appointment as she is not worth the confrontation in regards to this. I wish you the best with your upcoming appointment and we'll all save you a seat on the loser's bench!
stephanie S.
on 5/25/04 1:09 am - TN
Hi Julie, dont let it bother you.I hope everything is better today.I went through the same thing before I had surgery.It gets better I promise.301/159/159.Goal at 11 months.
Victoria B.
on 5/26/04 9:26 am - Germantown, TN
Hey, Julie, I am new here so I know I am responding a couple of days after you wrote this, but I did want to respond. First off, this woman is nothing in your life - a cousin's friend's friend (or whatever) is way down on the list of those who matter. She sounds like the type of person that is not happy unless she is putting other's down - like she can't feel good about herself unless she makes fun of someone else. She has the problem here. I would also tell your cousin to keep things like this to himself - it served no good purpose to tell you and, frankly, I don't know what he hoped to gain by doing so. We all know we have a problem with food or else we would not be going through this surgery to make our lives better and healthier. Anyone that wants to judge us for how we are now can jump off the nearest bridge. Being heavy is hard enough, but we don't need those with their own problems (and everyone has them) throwing it in our faces. As far as what to do about it - do nothing. Don't do anything negative to yourself and let it go (I know, easier said than done) - this is a sick woman to be so cruel. You are on the right track and good for you - be with those that will lift you up and not drag you down. And, again, tell your cousin to keep his mouth shut unless he is telling you something good someone says about you. Take care and know you are a good person and you are on your way to a better life - good for you!! Victoria Germantown
Most Active
Recent Topics