Tick...tock......tick.....tock

tinyTNgirl
on 5/23/04 7:09 am - TN
Man, I think i'm feeling every second of the day lol. My final preop meal is rapidly approaching and I have no clue what to eat. Had mexican for lunch, enchiladas rancheros. Was excellent. Tomorrow I get nothing but clear liquids, and i'm not even sure what that consists of. I guess just chicken broth and sprite lol. I have to work tomorrow, yuck!!! Then we're off to Nashville for the evening to stay at the hospital-provided hotel. I dont even have my things together to take with me. I wanted some of our hand held games to play but since we're moving they're already packed up. Sheesh, i'm rambling about absolutely nothing. Where o where is my angel Candi??? Havent heard from her in days!!! William, give me some empowering words here pal! Love yall! God bless! Melanie
CarolynInHuntsville
on 5/23/04 7:34 am - Alabama, AL
Melanie--Clear Liquids are classified as anything liquid that you can visually see through. Typically that includes jello, water based/flavored popsicles, broth, apple juice, weak tea, seven up, sprite, water...you get the idea. It is items that are broken down in the kidney/bladder/urinary system and do not require digestive help from the stomach/bowel system. Good Luck...I am sure you will do great! You are well on your way now!
tinyTNgirl
on 5/23/04 9:04 am - TN
Thanks Carolyn, sweetie! Atleast thats a few more items than what came to mind lol. I think i'm gonna starve tomorrow lmao!!! We're about to leave for dinner, my "last hoorah" dinner, and I have no idea what to get. I'm sure whatever I decide on, I'll be disappointed with my choice later on. Thanks for your words of encouragement. It really helps! I'm almost there!!! God bless you sweet lady! Melanie
Sherri_B
on 5/23/04 10:47 am - washington, MO
Melanie , Hello , i am from the Mo. board .But stopped in . And i seen your face .you are so very beautiful .I want to wish you the best of luck I have said a prayer for you .And i know you are so excited .God Bless you i am sending an angel to watch over you.I hope you enjoyed that meal . sherri
Cherry C.
on 5/23/04 11:49 am - Morristown, TN
Melanie, Please give us all the info. you are comfortable with so I can check on you ! I live really far away but..... I will be thinking about and you I will say a paryer for you! If you don't want to put all the info. on the board e-mail me. [email protected] Good luck! Oh, you have to eat something choc. tonight. It might be the last time for a long time! Cherry Blessings come in many forms, Some you touch and somr you feel. Let this simple little poem Remind you what is real. Each day brings new beginnings With new hope along the way. May your life be filled with blessings As you walk your path each day! author Unknown
tinyTNgirl
on 5/23/04 2:09 pm - TN
A pleasure to meet you, Sherri. Thanks oh so much for your kind words!!! I've never thought of myself as remotely attractive, much less beautiful. Though hopefully after this i'll see myself in a different light. I am very excited, and a bit scared. Thanks for the angel, I certainly need that!!! And the meal turned out to be a burger and corn dog at the drive-in movie. We went to see Shrek 2, it was great! God bless you! Melanie
Victoria B.
on 5/24/04 10:55 am - Germantown, TN
Good luck, Melanie - I am right behind you in two weeks. My list of the day before foods are the same only my doc's nurse said no red Jello-O because if it comes up during surgery, they may think it's blood. I also have to do a total clean-out the day before - laxatives, enemas, etc. I am not looking forward to it, but my husband says my doc is being conservative and that's good. Best of luck and be in touch!! Victoria Germantown
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/23/04 11:40 am - Crossville, TN
Hey Melanie! Tomorrow is going to FLY by chickie! I wish you the best of luck! About the clear liquids - Hon if your taking meds to clean out your system, your not gonna worry about eating! Trust me! Just drink some water, sprite, or broth. By the way, I don't think JellO is on the list of "clear liquids" atleast it wasn't on mine.... Just keep in mind the less you have tomorrow - the easier it will be for your doctor. Good luck and best wishes! Hugs, Katie
CarolynInHuntsville
on 5/23/04 12:55 pm - Alabama, AL
Hey Melanie...you may want to check with your surgeon, but I have always been told gelatin was ok on clear liquid diets. Here is the link to one site a found where a gastroenterology group gives their clear liquid diet. You will notice that gelatin is listed on the particular example. However---you may want to call your doctor to be positive.
CarolynInHuntsville
on 5/23/04 1:13 pm - Alabama, AL
http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs14.htm OPPS...I forgot the link...here it is.
Most Active
Recent Topics