Medically Supervised Weightloss

Jama Stinnett
on 5/23/04 12:20 am - Knoxville, TN
Many of our surgical weight loss patients find that they need a medically supervised weight loss program before they can be approved by insurance for weight loss surgery. For those patients and for patients that do not meet criteria for surgery or for patients with obesity related health issues that don't choose surgery we are now offering a medically supervised weight loss program. Because our program is truely comprehensive and multidisciplinary, we felt we needed this service as well. If you are interested in this or any Bariatric service, please feel free to contact our office: Premier Surgical Associates PremierBariatrics 9430 Parkwest Blvd Knoxville, TN 865-690-5263 [email protected] Jama
CarolynInHuntsville
on 5/23/04 2:27 am - Alabama, AL
This sounds like SOLICITING BUSINESS to me....... Maybe you should buy a banner and support the site rather than pirate space?
wannabe an 8.
on 5/23/04 3:31 am - knoxville, TN
I agree
wannabe an 8.
on 5/23/04 3:31 am - knoxville, TN
I agree I guess it also costs 3000.00 and not covered by insurance,just as your program fee?
Jama Stinnett
on 5/23/04 3:44 am - Knoxville, TN
I am sorry that you feel that way. I thought we were trying to provide information on this site for folks that need it. In response to your question, the medical weight loss program is 375.00 for 13 weeks and incidentally, many insurances now cover the program fee for our surgical weight loss program. The more we exchange ideas, work on legislation and educate the insurance companies together, the more all patients win. Jama
Cherry C.
on 5/23/04 4:00 am - Morristown, TN
Yuo GO Michelle!! Tell it like it is!!! $3000.00 and Tn. Care pat. are on a different list then other ins. pat. There is some info!!! Cherry Cody
CarolynInHuntsville
on 5/23/04 4:01 am - Alabama, AL
Yes, I understand the message boards are a great place for INDIVIDUALS to post their personal experiences and exchange information. I think you also must understand that it looks very poor for a business to post information such as this to a message board when you could purchase advertising space on the web site to do your advertising. You may fool some people, but believe me, I see you as doing nothing more than freeloading space. I certianly would not want to use a physician/surgeon/facility that would skimp so as to advertise in this manner.
Jama Stinnett
on 5/23/04 4:08 am - Knoxville, TN
Does anyone know if there are other programs in East Tennesee providing care for Tenncare. We do have a long list of patients waiting since we have been the only provider willing to see Tenncare (at least as far as I know.) Some Tenncare patients do pay a program fee and some do not and this varies from time to time. We set this at the time the patient attends the informational seminar since payments from insurers change from time to time. Jama
Cherry C.
on 5/23/04 4:21 am - Morristown, TN
I am a Tn. Care patient and I found other programs with the help of others. With no other charge like the $3000.00 Dr. Boyce charges! NO CHARGES!! To beat it all I have been a patient of Premire(but it was Dr. Vickers) since 1998 and I was still put on a different list for Tn. Care patients. Dr. Vickers did gallbladder surgery on me in 1998 and breast bio. in 2002 so I am a patient at your office BUT......... still put on another list and told $3000.00 so...... yeah I know what I am talking about! Need anymre details PLEASE let me know! By the way I LOVE DR. Vickers he is #1! He has no part in the bariatric surgery! Cherry Cody Morristown, Tn. Blue Care Tn. Care patient!!
CarolynInHuntsville
on 5/23/04 7:48 am - Alabama, AL
That is not fair....you just said it yourself...you adjust your program fees so that you can make the money you want. You don't consistently apply the same rules to all patients seeking care from your clinic. That alone should be a red flag to patients seeking a qualified, caring, compassionate surgeon/physician. For those of you considering this procedure--and using this surgical group, or as patients of TN Care---I would suggest that you print the post that have been made on behalf of this group Bariatric Surgery group by JAMA, and be sure that the caseworkers with TN Care know that some TN Care patients are being singled out for higher out of pocket cost than others. Somehow, I don't see that this is fair and would question the legality of it. I am sure the TN Care staff can advise for sure on legal issues, but unless someone who is covered by that plan makes them aware, they will not know to look into the situation. From reading this board, I know there is more than one doctor in TN doing bariatric surgery that accepts TN Care insurance. Regardless of your insurance carrier, you deserve the best of care. KEEP LOOKING until you find care that you are comfortable with and an office that doesn't arbitrarily adjust the Program Fee to insure they collect "Enough." What a crock that is!
Most Active
Recent Topics